Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i knew before going on the ride on the 15th my charging system wasnt up to snuff. I had bought a new agm battery and at 3k it was putting out 13.05 volts. no problems on the trip but decided to start buying pieces to get ready for the worse. Mntsnow made me a deal on his stator and mosfet r/r. i figured sent the stator to TPE and replace it over the winter.
since im on call this week, i decided to test the stator and hell, it was good.
AC test was showing 64 volts between all leads, no continuity betweenleg and ground. So i start to temporarily install the mosfet and check it out.

prior to starting it battery showed 12.99 volts. start up and at 3k theres 14.40 volts.

im still need to make the bracket to mount it and solder the leads but im happy with the results.

now where do i find the wire to energize the headlight relay?

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Did you get the engine hot and retest the charging output? Some times the stator will ground out after it gets hot.

The headlight trigger has to come off one of the three stator leads and go to the junction box. Which pin? I forget since I did the bypass. You can find that info in threads about the headlight bypass.

I've got the same meter and all of a sudden mine is running in the blue, @ 15v.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get the engine hot and retest the charging output? Some times the stator will ground out after it gets hot.

The headlight trigger has to come off one of the three stator leads and go to the junction box. Which pin? I forget since I did the bypass. You can find that info in threads about the headlight bypass.

I've got the same meter and all of a sudden mine is running in the blue, @ 15v.
i sure did, ive been reading stuff about it and came across your post about the failure. probably ill get a different side cover and mill it for the mod, get a plate from Glen and once my stator is back from Todd ill put it altogether

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
blue wire in the 8 pin connector i believe there should be an empty slot right next to the blue wire i am refering to if there is not then its the blue wire in the 10 pin connector

yup just went and looked its the 8 pin in your last pic its the connector on the top

1 - 4 of 4 Posts