Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight after work I picked up my new bike. Rode her back home (37 miles) and I still can't get the smile off my face. :motorcycl

So I've named her Sweet Jane...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yo, Ronnie, wud is it?

DT

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
So tonight after work I picked up my new bike. Rode her back home (37 miles) and I still can't get the smile off my face. :motorcycl

That is a sweet ride Ron,and two of my favorite colors on a bike, Black and chrome LOL :motorcycl:motorcycl:motorcycl

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, you're a fan of the Velvet Underground?!
As are most everyone in my age group (50+) That song is one of the anthems of our age.

R

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

So, you're a fan of the Velvet Underground?!
As are most everyone in my age group (50+) That song is one of the anthems of our age.

R
Apparently my musical education is lacking. Velvet Underground sounds vaguely familiar, the song Sweet Jane....not a clue.:confused:
OK, just listerned to a sound bite of the song, still nothing. Never heard it before, but sounds catchy. I`ll try to find a link where I can listen to the whole song.

I guess I need to take a little time out from my classic country :( and catch up on some classic rock, eh. :doh:

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Apparently my musical education is lacking. Velvet Underground sounds vaguely familiar, the song Sweet Jane....not a clue... I guess I need to take a little time out from my classic country :( and catch up on some classic rock, eh. :doh:
Lou Reed was the lead singer for the Velvet Underground, Andy Warhol's "house band." Lou is probably best known for his solo hit "Walk on the Wild Side" in 1972. Another great song is "Rock and Roll."

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have missed some good music over the past 30 or 40 years. I`m going to have to spend some time listening to these guys. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries Gordon. I've played in rock bands, country bands, jazz bands, swing bands, marching bands, (and even an elastic band ;)) So I'm a fan of all kinds of music. I just had that song running through my mind all the way home from getting her last night and I thought "That is such a sweet ride and the name fits her, so there it was." Kismet.

R

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Apparently my musical education is lacking. Velvet Underground sounds vaguely familiar, the song Sweet Jane....not a clue.:confused:
OK, just listerned to a sound bite of the song, still nothing. Never heard it before, but sounds catchy. I`ll try to find a link where I can listen to the whole song.
I guess I need to take a little time out from my classic country :( and catch up on some classic rock, eh. :doh:
Heck OHC, I'm worse than that, I must have toooo many ++++++++++++++s after the 50 mark...:doh:...:doh:...
Maybe "Sweet Liza Jane"...:rockon:...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts