Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in a ride today:)
We got temps in the 50's today so I got the bike out today.
Got in a nice 20 mile ride with close to 2 feet of snow still on the ground, that is strange to do.
What a great feeling to be back on the bike.
In Chicago riding in March is not a common thing but you do enjoy it when you can.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I was able to get out for a 30 minute ride yesterday as well. About the same temp here in NVA, but we have not had any snow on the ground in several weeks. All the storms have been passing north of us. Spring is right around the corner! :beerchug:

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I could have put in some riding, but I had to replace the brake calipers on my 74 chev. We had T shirt temps yesterday, snowing today. That is West Texas for you.

·
Kawika
441 Posts
I got in a ride today:)
We got temps in the 50's today so I got the bike out today.
Got in a nice 20 mile ride with close to 2 feet of snow still on the ground, that is strange to do.
What a great feeling to be back on the bike.
In Chicago riding in March is not a common thing but you do enjoy it when you can.
Nice going, Chad!
I was dying to ride, too...but I got my bike stuck in the shed out back and the snow was still too deep and compacted to shovel a path.:doh:

I would have got it out yesterday, if that rain hit us on Saturday instead...maybe I can get it out to the garage this week, if the weather goes easy on the snow today. :smiley_th

·
Geek
872 Posts
I got a ride in too. I was so sick at work with temps nearing 60. First thing I did when I got home was take her out for a spin

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
:motorcycl...It was 64 deg. Sat. and the big 70 yesterday, got out and rode 40 odd mi. Staurday, and we (The old gang) rode 160 odd yesterday, loved it, loved it... About 75 deg. today, but needed to wash her and give her a go over, so only rode to the store and gassed her up & dried her off, about 16 mi.... I posted something about the ride in "Can't wait to ride"...;)...:D...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got to ride mine to work 3 times last week. It was officially 74 F. at DEN (DIA) Saturday, and my wireless digital thermometer here, 50 miles from there, read 80 F. Did I ride? Nope, had a cribbage tournament to run at the local Moose Lodge, and too much stuff to haul. What did the weather do that night and yesterday? SNOW!!! I took the truck to work this morning, when it was showing 10 F. and there was some guy went by me on the diagonal highway on his Goldwing. I felt so ashamed... I've ridden down to 23 F. but I just hit that damn wall. But, the birds are already building nests and raising hell at sunrise, and the rabbits around where I work are going nuts, so it won't be long until I can put the truck up for the summer.

Where is that Global Warming that The Media has been promising us?!?! I'm so ready for it!

Buck

·
Kawika
441 Posts
I got her out of the shed and into the shop today! :pepper:
man, the snow is still deep, I had to throw down a few planks and rotate them around to make it :cool:

Now I can start on some upgrades!!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Got in 40 miles saturday @64 degrees. My jacket was almost to warm with the liner. Sunday was snow and a high of 28. Spring is here.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Way to go, Shout if you want to go out next time the weather brakes.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
SHOUT .... But too many things to do to the old girl yet and not enough time. But I will get down there some time this summer.

·
Kawika
441 Posts
Way to go, Shout if you want to go out next time the weather brakes.
Shout!! Shout!!
I put on the new cruzer pipes last night and WOW, does it sound GOOD! :drool:

I can't wait to road test them!!:motorcycl

I took some "before" sound recordings, but it was too late to do the "after" recordings last night. I just idled her in the shop for a few seconds...maybe I can record it tonight after work.:smiley_th

1 - 12 of 12 Posts