Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Yup looks right.but ya got me all excited with the title of your thread.;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Have to ask a moderator, so,moderators, can this be made a sticky,as Mrseedsower has a good point

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The boot nipple is a place on the rubber boot that aligns the rubber boot in alignment with the cylinder so that the carburetor fits on the bike correctly without gaps in the sealing of the unit. The rubber boot is the black rubber piece that fits between the cylinder and carb on both front and back cylinder.

If you haven't messed with your carbs yet then right click on the pictures and download them or "save as" so when you do mess with them you will understand what we are talking about.

This has been a very aggravating piece to find when reassembling the carb to the engine.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I must be odd too , I'm like Doc , I had to see what this thread was all about with that title :confused:

Another tip most on here already know is------when installing your carbs leave one boot on the cylinder and the other one on the carb. You get a much easier outcome on installation.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Odd is good,brother

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, the title of the thread had me going as well. I kinda half expected so see an eighty yr old woman with her jugs tucked in her boots. lolz

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Or boots made for nipples so they don't get dirty when she's on all fours?;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Denny6006 I did the boot on the cylinder but the boot on the carb I had to take loose for some reason the last time I worked on the carbs. So when I re-installed the carbs I didn't have the boot correct. Well even though I still haven't found where the boot fits on the carb I can pretty much guess how it goes on the carb from placing it on the cylinder before hand.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I'll show you mine if you show me yours;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
It's an on button I think, who needs an off button anyway?? Even I ain't that old :rockon::rockon:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
The "other" on button gets em running faster though;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts