Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. I came across a 2003 V Star 1100 with 3500 miles on it. The PO hasent rode it in like 2 years and had been sitting under a cover in front of his house. I ve seen the bike before and really liked the look of it. Now it was running rough and had some sufurace rust and pitting in some spots. This made it a good deal for me and the owner was getting ready to move to a new house and couldnt take it with him. All I needed to do was sell my bike to get enough money to buy the V Star. The same day I had stopped at my brother in-law's shop who was also selling a 94 750 vulcan and had 2 buyers for the same bike which he had been trying to sell since last year. The 94 was being load up in a truck when I pulled up and there was still another buyer looking to buy a vulcan. He walked up to me and said "wanna sell your bike". Got a good price for it and told him to check out this website.
This site has been a wealth of info for me. Been able to use this info to help me with lots of changes I have made to my Vulcan. Just wanted to say thanks for being here and was glad to have this bike for the time that I did. It got me back into riding and the guy I sold it to was just starting back into riding also. On the next adveture. keep the shinny side up :rockon:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Congrats man.

I always ask - after you ride a bit - come back and tell us what you like/dislike about the new bike compared to the VN750.

Have Fun

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Congrats man.

I always ask - after you ride a bit - come back and tell us what you like/dislike about the new bike compared to the VN750.

Have Fun
And I'm always really curious about this too! lol

Congratulations on the new bike :)

I've been wondering if I should sell and get something else too heh

·
Registered
194 Posts
:pepper: kool beans big daddy

ride safe and have fun!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
No need to go anywhere,I sold the 750 3 yrs. ago and still hang around here,I believe you will like the bigger bike a lot. Looks pretty sweet too :rockon:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats man.

Have Fun
Ive wanted a bigger bike for a while now . Loved the pickup and handeling of the vulcan but not the way it handeled on the highway. The v star is alot smoother and has good power. Theres alot more room and power for 2 up on the v star. It still needs a lot of work as far as getting it running alot better but theres not much to complain about after putting about 150 miles on her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. Its been 6 years now. Don't know why a email popped up with the VN750.com trending. Loved the 1100 V Star and put about 10k miles on her then I found a V Star 1300. This is even better but a lot of weight around the city. Seen a few Vulcans on CL and think back to my first one. It was a fun bike. Even thought about getting on just to take out around the city. Anyway just stopped by to say hi and reminisce.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,209 Posts
How have you been?

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
You've been doing the Yamaha/Star thing for some time now. Have you found this yet?: https://www.starbikeforums.com/

They seem to be a good bunch of people.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc
1 - 9 of 9 Posts