Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is not a Vulcan but a Virago.
Picked it up with a title for real cheep.
Have to see if it runs, owner forgot the key but is going to mail it to me.
I trust him he is a old friend who needed his storage locker cleaned out and di not want to transport it to Texas.
Will give me a toy over the winter.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
not the best pic but looks like it would clean up pretty well, and look at all that room on that back seat!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has not been shaved, it is stock.
The air filter is under the seat, Just learning about this bike. Strange the frame is part of the air system, the filter cleans the air and sends it into the frame to bar and then to the air boots to the carbs.
It has no front frame it uses the motor as part of the frame.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That does sound a little strange alright Hawk. It will be interesting to see some pics when you get a chance.

When the engine is used as part of the frame, it is refered to as a "stressed member" I believe. I have read that some of the earliest Harley singles and twins in the 1910`s were built this way. I was not aware that modern bikes were still using this method of construction.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
When the engine is used as part of the frame, it is refered to as a "stressed member" I believe. I have read that some of the earliest Harley singles and twins in the 1910`s were built this way. I was not aware that modern bikes were still using this method of construction.
A lot of bikes are 'stressed member'. My bro's 08 Triumph is built this way.

BTW, if you think our carbs are hard to get out, the Virago's are deadly.

DT

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Do I see a candidate for a cool bobber?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to see the motor condition first, If I can get it running good it may be a bobber or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts