Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK-I wouldn't do this except that my ridin days are getting fewer...lol...
I just wanted to share a good ride or two that's very little known, and I would like to see it stay that way...lol...
I call this one the Pistolero... It's about 150 mi. of some very good twisty roads with a relax every once and again... Maybe even lunch in Jonesville Va. ... If you leave US25E on the North side of the tunnel South of Middlesboro Ky., take the lil short side trek twisty run off SR-988 up to the Pinnacle Rock, it's a very nice view plus a lil short twisty up & back... Also note the state is working on the Hwy 70 bridge at Kyles Ford in Tn. but they say a very short delay may be required...
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=xk7kydp8
I love this lil ride... If you are in that area and like the twisties, take it it's great lil ride, and not crowded yet... Chuck has rode part of it, I'll bet he'll agree that it's a very good ride...
So, whose next to show a good ride...???
FOB---Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yes I will agree. Had a ball riding up that way. The 750 was a blast on those roads. The 1500 will be fun but at a slower pace I suppose.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey OD. is that the old road that went across the mountain before the tunnel went through? If so, been there and done that myself....a loooong time ago

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, old 25E, but it throws me because it don't wind across the mountain by Cudjo's cave...lol...
Here is how it looks now, that OWR (Old Wilderness Road) that shows is not even a gravel road, I call it Old Wagon Road, but it's more like a sled road, completely ignore it...lol...
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=x0jz34n0
If you go to google maps and satellite view you can get a better picture of what I'm trying to say...lol...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
One of the best rides for me was oahu in 04. I rented a sporty the three weeks I was there.
north shore and east side was the best. Island girls were plenty and got to surf big waves

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the best rides for me was oahu in 04. I rented a sporty the three weeks I was there.
north shore and east side was the best. Island girls were plenty and got to surf big waves
That had to be great, butI guess this is as close to that as I'll ever get...

Ferry across Norris lake in E. Tn. ...lol...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
OK-I wouldn't do this except that my ridin days are getting fewer...lol...
Oh, horsesheit ya Ol Dawg ya....I still gotta get down there and eat yer dust !!!!! Lol....I gotta feelin you'll be ridin a good nuther 15 yr....mebbe not the silly sheit ya do now, but you'll be on 2 wheels until yer gone....

Love ya brother Joe....

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, horsesheit ya Ol Dawg ya....I still gotta get down there and eat yer dust !!!!! Lol....I gotta feelin you'll be ridin a good nuther 15 yr....mebbe not the silly sheit ya do now, but you'll be on 2 wheels until yer gone....

Love ya brother Joe....
Ha, ha, didn't say they were over, just that they were getting fewer...lol...
Hey, you know a bit about the gap, and where this ride is I'll bet... You gonna have to get yer arse down this way and ride some of these stick roads again...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
One day soon, my brother....Im still recouperatin after they cut 8 lbs of stuff outta me, lol.....mebbe towards fall....mebbe bring my rifle down too an we can do some huntin....

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like the ridin part, but I ain't been a huntin in years...lol... My son did take me a fishin back a while ago, and we caught some crappy, good eatin fish...lol...
I don't even do much shootin anymore... I probably couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside...lol...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Well, we can do some fishin then....I aint done neither in over 10 yrs....and Id love to break yer state game laws by fishin w/o a license !....lol
We can git us some catfish, an fry em up.....aint had catfish in awhile neither....even them yuppie types can catch catfish.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts