Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went for a ride on my 97 vn750 and on the way home it died no power to the key or past that point bike is right from dealer never had anything done to it

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Zero electrical anything? I myself have had no experience whatsoever with the fuses on this bike. Such a sudden death sounds like a fuse to me but someone will be along in a bit to render a more knowledgeable reply. I get the impression that it'll wind up being something more of an irritation than a big deal. Lets hope I'm right and its not the stator. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Check battery voltage first, then fuses. Could have stopped charging, blown a fuse, or the switch is dirty/defective.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Also check the plugs under the left neck cover.

Turn the switch to the 'park' position, see if you get any lights.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still no power at ignition switch turn key to park and still no lights battery on charger when it lost power it blow 30 amp fuse

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
there is an infamous wire in the headlight assembly that gets crimped and shorts... it's brown if i remember correctly... I had the same issue years ago. look in the headlight for frayed or broken wires

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
went for ride and bike died got it home and have found that it blow 30amp fuse and ive changed it r/r smells burnt changed it and cleaned the switch still no power checked fuse box main fuse has 13.2 volts is there maybe a inline fuse that i have not seen really stuck now dont know what to try next

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
sounds like a short

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
2,527 Posts
Look at the main harness where it runs up the frame, around the neck and into the headlight bucket. My guess would be a wire rubbed through along there. Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check 30 amp fuse if blown take switch apart and clean with fine sandpaper check the plug and make sure none of the little fingers are broke in it just fixed same problem

·
2,527 Posts
check 30 amp fuse if blown take switch apart and clean with fine sandpaper check the plug and make sure none of the little fingers are broke in it just fixed same problem
Carl, you seem to be typing run on sentences and I'm not understanding what you're asking, are you still having the problem and did you check the wire harness to see if something rubbed through.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts