Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advance Auto Parts has a "MagnaPower 12-Volt Sealed AGM Premium Batteries for Power Sports Applications", which appears to be a rebranded Deka (same ETX15L part number and specs). This is currently $74.89 plus $6.00 core for me for local pickup. Add some anti-seize or something to pad your order up to $75 to use the code BIG30 for $30 off, making your battery $45.

If you want to throw in a set of NGK Iridium plugs for $6.99 each, that will put you over $100 and you can use the code BIG40 to save $40. From August 28-30, they also have a DiningDough.com deal where you can get $100 in restaurant certificates by spending $100 at AAP. The restaurant certs aren't the greatest thing (you usually have to spend at least a certain amount to use them, it only counts on food not drinks, etc.), but if you're buying the stuff anyway, anything tossed in for free is good.

+$74.89 Battery
+$6.00 Core charge
+$27.96 Plugs
-$40.00 Discount code
+$4.13 Tax

$72.98 Total

So I ended up getting the ETX15L battery, a set of Iridium plugs, and $100 in restaurant gift certs for a total of $67 after I get my core charge refund. Getting it from Advance means I can pick it up locally and satisfy the "have it now" craving. They have free shipping on orders over $75, but the discount from the code does push you back under that. If you happen to need a little something else, adding $7 should get you back up to free shipping. You might need to add $13 if the core charge doesn't count toward the minimum, but shipping on the battery was around $11 for me, so you're spending about the same but at least you're getting some product for your money.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
thats the battery I have, got mine at autozone for 79.99 but no perks. first one lasted me 2 years. on my second now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
2nd MOD

Advance is running the deal again. I got my battery for $74.89 after the $30 discount. I just threw in Anti-Seize lubricant at $1.19 for a filler to make the $30 off $75 work BIG30.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Advance is running the deal again. I got my battery for $74.89 after the $30 discount. I just threw in Anti-Seize lubricant at $1.19 for a filler to make the $30 off $75 work BIG30.
Is it the same discount code?

Thanks

edit... I read the last word of your post now, and answered my own question. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That one is $60.95 + $12.00 shipping. For $0.03 more ($72.98) I got the same battery and a set of Iridium plugs. If you get just the battery for $74.89 and add a small filler to put you over $75, you can get $30 off, making the battery only $45 (I think jetmax meant to say "before the discount", not after). Plus you can go pick it up right now at Advance, rather than having to wait for shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
(I think jetmax meant to say "before the discount", not after).
Yeah, that syntax thing can be real important to correct understanding. :doh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
That one is $60.95 + $12.00 shipping. For $0.03 more ($72.98) I got the same battery and a set of Iridium plugs. If you get just the battery for $74.89 and add a small filler to put you over $75, you can get $30 off, making the battery only $45 (I think jetmax meant to say "before the discount", not after). Plus you can go pick it up right now at Advance, rather than having to wait for shipping.
Sorry, Yes before Discount.
$74.89 Battery
$6.00 Core charge
$1.19 Anti-Seize
$2.60 VA TAX
-$30 Discount

Brought old battery in so they did not charge for the core. When you buy online they just put a hold on the credit card till you come to the store and they either charge you the full amount as online, or take the $6 core off and then the transaction goes through. So all in all a $44.89 battery before tax :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dang, that BIG40 discount STILL works! ($40 off a $100 order)
I just used it to buy a battery, etc.

:)

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
Yes, the Advance Auto battery is a better buy.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
which type NGK Iridium plug fits our bikes?

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Could not find those on Advance Auto Parts website. Would you be willing to go to their site and look at 1x spark plug part# 6418 and let me know if that will work?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could not find those on Advance Auto Parts website. Would you be willing to go to their site and look at 1x spark plug part# 6418 and let me know if that will work?
On post #1 of this thread, there is an underlined NGK Irridium Sparkplugs It's a link that takes you here...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...EAMS____?cm_mmc=aff-_-cj-_-4142124-_-10720525

Or you can just order them from the Amazon link I posted above.

Of course, you can just go inside an Advance Auto Parts store, or any other chain for that matter, and tell them you want NGK DPR7EIX-9 and they should be able to get them for you.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Advance has some more codes for February 14 - 17. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/content_valentines-2011___

EMV30 will get you $30 off $75, so you can get the battery and a small filler item for ~$45 again.

There are other codes for other amounts too, if you need something else.
EMV5 - $5 off orders over $30
EMV10 - $10 off orders over $40
EMV20 - $20 off orders over $50
EMV30 - $30 off orders over $75
EMV40 - $40 off orders over $100
EMV50 - $50 off orders over $200
EMV2 - 20% off any order

·
Banned
448 Posts
If you have an O-Reilly parts store close by, the Irridium plugs are $6.99 each.
Batteries Plus has an AGM battery full 1 year replacement for $60.00, and both places have them in stock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Advance has some more codes for February 14 - 17. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/content_valentines-2011___

EMV30 will get you $30 off $75, so you can get the battery and a small filler item for ~$45 again.

There are other codes for other amounts too, if you need something else.
EMV5 - $5 off orders over $30
EMV10 - $10 off orders over $40
EMV20 - $20 off orders over $50
EMV30 - $30 off orders over $75
EMV40 - $40 off orders over $100
EMV50 - $50 off orders over $200
EMV2 - 20% off any order
Thanks for posting that! I just saved some money on some car parts. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FYI, these BIG## codes are still working as of Friday 5/13. I also found BIG35 for $35 off $85 to get my Honda buddy a good deal on an ETX9.

The manager of the store had ordered their other in-stock ETX9 for his own bike. While my friend was out grabbing his old battery for the core charge, the manager asked me what the deal on this order was, and said he was going to place his own order online so he could get it cheaper. =)

·
Registered
555 Posts
the codes work, but i have found better deals on ebay and amazon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts