Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how this is my first bike and the only one I've riden, besides a dirt bike many years ago, I never gave much thought to the riding position.But after spending the day on my brother's H.D. sportster, I got back on the Vulcan and it felt totally uncomfortable. Like when you drive someone else's car and they have the seat all the way forward and straight up. It took almost the enitre 30 min. trip home to lose the awkward feeling. My nephew recently bought an 86 Yamaha Radian and the guy threw in another set of bars. With a little modification the new bars are on and I am loving the new riding position. I put some pics of the new bars in my photo gallery, let me know what ya think.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks really cool. Got ya leaning forward??? Kinda look like dirtbike bars

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just changed the position of my bars. They were pretty low. Plus the windshield was too angled and making my eyeballs chatter. I pushed them forward and it feels much more natural now not to mention getting the windshield positioned properly.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Certainly looks different, in a good way.
But like BJ mentioned about the leaning forward, that'd take me some getting used to on the Vulcan, but probably not too long, 'cause I'm a dirtbiker too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The bars are cool and so is the little luggage rack. Where did you get them both?

Bob
VROC #24344

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The bars are cool and so is the little luggage rack. Where did you get them both?
That looks like the OEM rack. Ya see them on eBay occasionally, but not too often.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The luggage rack was on the bike when I bought it, like Hyperbuzzin said I believe it is the OEM rack, the bars came from my nephew who bought a used bike and the guy gave them to him.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had bars similar to those on mine, had problems with them hitting the fuel tank. Tried several more until I found a set that fit me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A the top of any page click Gallery > Member Galleries > B > Bradman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts