Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read "Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road" by neil peart about his travels on his motorcycle after some really hard times. i really loved it. so my question is (since i am brand new to motorcycles) - what are the must read books about motorcycles? any suggestions? i like to ride my bike around and stop for a good long read on my days off so let me know what i should be reading....

thanks everyone

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Before he was a communist rebel, Che Gueverra rode a bike extensively in South America and wrote a book about it. I hear it is a good one.

·
carbon unit
369 Posts
I haven't read it but, if the book reads as well as Neil rocks then you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read Ghost Rider too, mainly because I am a big Rush fan. Neil Peart, in addition to writing most of the band's lyrics also writes books. Most of them center around motorcyles and music. Try a few of his other books ( Traveling Music, or Roadshow). They are hard to put down once you start reading them, he writes as well as he plays drums. Another good moto-writer is David Hough (Proficient Motorcylcling), good stuff for staying alive. Rock on!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I am currently reading Ted Simons "Jupiter's Travels", its supposed to be a classic work. The guy went around the world on his Triumph 500cc back in the 70's.

x2 on the Proficient Motorcycling..its a must.

and the Hurt Study which is referenced in the same book.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll second the Daniel Meyer series. He is an excellent writer. You can read a bunch of his stuff at www.lifeisaroad.com. Click on "Road Stories" or "Alaska Trip".

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Try "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" for some biker philosphy. Its not existential or anything, just about being in the moment. Cool read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts