Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess who is riding down to the Red River Gorge tomorrow morning? This old man that's who,woot,woot.

A couple of buddies of mine from central Ky called and want to meet in Stanton,Ky. tomorrow at 11:00 A.M. ,got my warm duds out and ready to go. Hopefully the leaves are thinned out enough to make it possible to get some pics of some of the natural rock bridges.

I wish you all could be there and I'll be thinking of you all and the ride we had in Aug. I have my leathers out for this trip,it is supposed to be about 44 degrees here in the morning with a high in the high 60's to low 70's. My favorite time to ride. I just thought, I'll be wearing all the gear tomorrow.I guess this makes me an ATGWIC,All the gear when it's cold,type of rider. I'll report back in a day or two :motorcycl

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
With temps in the 40's and 50's I tend to bundle up myself. Enjoy the ride.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...44 ?...hell, thats 10 deg warmer than it was when I left to go on out to our Pennsy meetup ride....and Merc led....was doin 85 west on 81, lol....I donned my Carhartt that day, hoodie under, wool socks inside my sneakers...lolol..... enjoy yerself, brother, and be safe....them leaves are a droppin !....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
not to worry Denny, we WILL be back. this Buckeye, will whip himself across that river yet. lol

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Thought for sure you were gonna say New River Gorge, bridge day should be coming up soon.

Still didn't get a price on those insulated jeans for ya.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought for sure you were gonna say New River Gorge, bridge day should be coming up soon.

Still didn't get a price on those insulated jeans for ya.
Although I've never been to Bridge day. It is on the 3rd Saturday in Oct annually which should be either this weekend or next I need to look at the calender to be sure.

Uh yeah ,I want to go if my schedule permits, maybe this year.

As for the Red River Gorge trip it was a Blast a good day out with some friends but thanks to our government trying to make every one as miserable as possible has chained off all the entrances to the Good Overlooks ,you know the ones I'm talking about if you have been there. The ones that require ZERO personnel,The hike in Campgrounds that also require the same number of workers are closed as well .the privately owned campgrounds and the State run ones are open .I didn't get to take but one picture and that was of the 4 others that rode with me. We did eat a killer early supper at the Lodge at Natural Bridge.pretty ending to a good ride.Then me and Ted rode back home wonderful weather coming home but early yesterday morning heavy fog and 41 degrees made for an interesting ride until. about 10.The black beast looked like I had ridden it in a rain storm when I got to Stanton.I windexed and wiped it off and got the road grime mess of my leathers while waiting for the others to ride east from around Frankfort way.

The leaves are still pretty thick and until they fall off it is hard to get pictures of the rock formations from the road. I'll take another stab at it weather permitting this year. After I upload my picture(singular) I'll post it,for proof if nothing else

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey, are y'all gonna do the Red River Gorge (Stanton Ky.) thingy again this summer...???
I missed out last year and would like to meet y'all...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, are y'all gonna do the Red River Gorge (Stanton Ky.) thingy again this summer...???
I missed out last year and would like to meet y'all...
I'll be there more than a couple of times I am sure,I also want to try to pull off that couple of days we had planned with Chuck A, that weather knocked me out of this year.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I'll be there more than a couple of times I am sure,I also want to try to pull off that couple of days we had planned with Chuck A, that weather knocked me out of this year.
Yeah, both sound great to me... Hey, at my age if I'm gonna, ride I better be a ridin...lol...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey ya'll, share the love. Gets closer to summer we need to be making plans.:smiley_th
We knew you would be along after a few,all I am waiting on is warm air,lol :motorcycl

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey, y'all work it out, I'm retarded and can go just about anytime the weather is right, as long as I'm not in the horsepitol or not on the mortician's list...lol...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
......all I am waiting on is warm air,lol :motorcycl
I'm counting the days............. Bike is ready to go anywhere now. New rear tire ,balancers, oil, thermostat, K&N air filters washed and re-oiled, radiator slush, cockpit rebuilt, rear brake shoes, splines lubed,,,,, but my leathers only work to so many degrees.:blah: We hit 30 degree today! I'm a chicken sh!t. Got to be 50+ before my bike goes 2 miles+.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I only need to do my 30k oil & filter change and I'm good to go, just like 3-400 mi. till 30K, but a warm day will be close enough...lol...
PS-Thinking about getting a cheap light wt. summer sleeping bag that will roll or fold up very compact, any suggestions...???

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Tomorrow we start work on another month, so maybe it won't be tooooooooo long till a bit of warm ridin weather... Still haven't changed my oil, but I'll bet I will in a bit...lol...
So what is first on the list, the Denny & Chuck ride in the South lands or the Gorge ride...???

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tomorrow we start work on another month, so maybe it won't be tooooooooo long till a bit of warm ridin weather... Still haven't changed my oil, but I'll bet I will in a bit...lol...
So what is first on the list, the Denny & Chuck ride in the South lands or the Gorge ride...???
I'm like Delmar on the Movie "O brother where art thou" I'm with you boys. I'd say we could let Chuck let us know when would be good for him since we are both retatded,I mean retired,lol. And where is up to you all too. I really don't care ,I just need to go somewhere on two wheels.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,209 Posts
I'm like Delmar on the Movie "O brother where art thou" I'm with you boys. I'd say we could let Chuck let us know when would be good for him since we are both retatded,I mean retired,lol. And where is up to you all too. I really don't care ,I just need to go somewhere on two wheels.
I hear ya there on going somewhere on two wheels, brother

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I'm with you 100% on that... Lets head to the hills (Somewhere) when it warms up & Chuck can shake free for a spell...:motorcycle...:motorcycle...:motorcycle...
The ball is in your court Chuck...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
you know you guys are killing me! lol sorry I'm just a little jealous. the wife and I can't wait to get back to the Gorge, on 2 or 4 wheels!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts