Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading different posts on this forum for several months, I was wondering if there is a listing with definistions of all the varied terms being used for some cycle changes for the benefit of some of us "newbies". Many times I am totally lost with exactly what is being discussed. Terms such as marbles, degoat, belly, etc are foreign to many of us without the extensive background. I myself just started getting into motorcycles at age 57 and I really want to learn but it is almost a foreign language at times. Thanks for any direction that may help me and other "newbies".

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here are a few definitions from the (big) Vulcan forum. Not all are applicable to the vn750.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/dictionary.htm
The vn750, being only half the displacement of the 1500, is sometimes referred to as the 1/2BUBF. lol

If you check the Vulcan verses, you can find topics entitled "Ear shave", What is Coastering" (has definition of marbling included), and "Goats Belly".

I`ll try to find another dictionary I have seen too.

Here`s a link to a MC/RC Education site with a terminology list.
http://www.rcvsmc.net/id22.html

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glossary of Terms

Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate your quick responses. I am doing some custom work on my 2000 Vulcan 750 and I always look to see what information I can obtain from the forum threads. I hope to have some before and after pictures to post by the middle of next month.

Keep riding and keep safe.
Vulcan 2000

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
^ Gentlemen? You sure you got the right forum? ;)

The more you bang around here, the easeir the lingo gets. It probably won't take long for you to get it but if you need anything specifically clarifed just ask. One of us we'll get back to you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts