Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I´m glad to be a new member of this site/forum. :grin2::grin2:

I have purchased an old 1996 VN750 which has some issues, the directional lights do not work, I think the relay is missing, so I thought I would change the directional lights system to led type, question, which relay do you recommend?

Update: I found this to resolve the flasher issue https://www.vn750.com/forum/19-electrical/104215-led-lights.html

What worries me most is that the engine warms up after 1 hour or so, check the spark plugs and they have oil, it seems that gasoline is leaking from the engine. When I open the oil filler cap, I get a gasoline smell, not very deep, not the same as the tank. It does not release black or white smoke, in my opinion neither with a bad smell of oil combustion. :surprise:

Sorry if I have typing errors, I'm from Mexico and my english it's awful. :frown2:

Once again, I'm glad to be here and I love to much my VN750!! :rockon:

Cheers! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Welcome,
How long has this bike been sitting? It’s possible that the fuel has leaked into the engine from the carburetors. Has the oil been drained and changed?

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Welcome to the machine!

Check the vacuum line from the left carb to the petcock, make sure there's no gas in it.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome,
How long has this bike been sitting? It’s possible that the fuel has leaked into the engine from the carburetors. Has the oil been drained and changed?

Hi Mmart, I'm not sure, but the last owner mentioned that the bike been sitting for about 6 months and supposedly he made the oil change before selling it to me.

I will try to do an oil change to see how much gas is in the tank, a good carburetor cleaning, a change of spark plugs and cables.

Thanks man!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Sure thing, if the petcock is either left open or it’s just bad it won’t take too long for gravity to pull fuel down into the engine while the bike sits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts