Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

We all know times are pretty tough right now. Some of us have had it much worse than others. I consider myself one of the more fortunate ones. I don't say that to rub anything in, but just leading up to saying how I think it may be even more important in bad times to make our list of blessings . . . count 'em and thank God for 'em.

Many have stated in various ways how thankful they are for this website/forum and I count myself in that company as well, though you don't hear from me a lot.

I'm thankful for good family relationships, a good job, discovering the joys of motorcycling...and much more that I won't list here.

What are thankful for today??

Wishing each and every one of you the very, very best during this holiday season. Be safe and be blest.

John

·
Dave
95 Posts
Thanks John,

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too!!!

Its times like this that we really need to realize how blessed we are. My Dad used to say, and I still repeat it, " I once whined because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.........."

May we all give thanks for what we have been given.

Dave

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for -

Living - These almost 50 years;

Loving - in the past, present, and future;

Laughing - at those times when it is the darkest.....

Remember those less fortunate than yourself.

Happy T-day all.:beerchug:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I`m thankful for all the above mentioned blessings too.

We Canucks celebrated our Thanksgiving back 6 weeks ago, but I wish all you Americans a Happy Turkey day and safe travelling this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Thankful every day for
1.I am Christian
2.Family
3.country
4.Friends
5.and that I am living breathing and walking and able to help someone when I can.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
thanksgiving

Ladies & gentlemen,
My dear old Daddy used to say, "There is always someBODY that needs our prayers",
I bought my first bike in 30+ years and to a person, everyone has been incredibly helpful. That tells me that in our group, we have a bunch of caring and willing individuals. God bless each & every one of you.
Our's is the best country in the world. We need to make it better.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
to a bunch of GOOD people, from the heart of Dixie

I need Lance to fix my ride,

You guys have made this a wonderful experience & I hope you all come to Alabama and Phurp & I will be cookin' for ya.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You guys have made this a wonderful experience & I hope you all come to Alabama and Phurp & I will be cookin' for ya.
Hey Dore, I will be glad to help host anyone coming into town. Not only with the cookin, but with lots of riding.

I am thankful for:
My family
The time I had with those I love who are not with me anymore
My country
My friends
Any time I have left to enjoy living

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I am thankful for:

A loving and understanding (most of the time ;) ) wife.
A steady job (epically in this economy)
A family who will always have my back no matter what
And last but not least ALL OF YOU on this forum who guide and support everyone here that all have at least one thing in common.

Have a safe and fun Thanksgiving

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Gosh, I think I could repeat about everything above... I know, I don't ride a vn750 anymore but am still here on this site, that should tell you a bit about how I feel about y'all...
Thanks, and a good & happy Thanksgiving to all, especially those serving and can't be with family...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful that I found a job to help keep a roof over my family's head and food in our stomachs in these hard times

Most importantly, I am thankful for the men and women of our armed forces that have sacraficed themseleves so that we may still have the freedom to celebrate holidays such as today. I send my thanks to those still fighting for us today that can not be with their families on this Thanksgiving day, and wish them a safe journey home.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Times are tough indeed. I sat down with my entire family around beautiful table filled with tons of good food and enjoyed the bounty but more so the company. In spite of tough times, we still all know what's really important. I'm thankful for the togetherness that we can and do still celebrate. The one thing that makes the world seem smaller and less daunting when hope appears bleak is the company of others. Another reason this forum is just fantastic.

Cheers

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the great comments on this thread.

Well, since my original post my lady friend and I traveled about 5 hours from home to spend the holiday weekend with friends (we consider them extended family) in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Last night we were headed back to our hotel room when a truck ran a red light and totaled our car. Guess what? Now I have more things to add to my "I'm thankful for..." list.

I'm thankful we weren't injured...just badly shaken up and a little sore. I'm thankful for good friends. Thankful for good insurance....and the list goes on.

We were able to secure a rental car and will be heading back home Sunday. Still alive and still thankful!

John

Postscript: the lady driving the truck bounced through the intersection after smashing into and rolling over the front of our car, hopped the curb, smashed through one tree, came to rest after crashing into a second tree in some lady's yard, promptly jumped out of the truck and made a run for it. Don't know if she was apprehended, but the LEOs had a K-9 unit tracking her last night. So how was your thanksgiving? LOL

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well, sorry for your misfortune, glad no one was hurt, and also glad you weren't on your bike... Sounds like she may have been drinking or on something... Hope they caught or catch her...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts