Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in June when I wrecked my bike (see this post: http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4382), my Givi E-21 saddlebags actually saved the rear of my bike from damage. Although still functional and waterproof after the accident, the E-21's did get scraped up pretty badly. As I repaired the bike, I decided I wanted more carrying capacity and ordered the Givi E-36 cases as replacements. With the wingracks, that was no problem, and the E-36's locked on just like the E-21's with no modifications. However, the Kuryakyn passenger footboards I have on the bike were causing some interference. Fortunately, Kuryakyn makes a 4" offset mount for their footpegs. I installed a pair of those and all problems are solved. Here are some photos of the bike with the E-36's mounted.
Image020a.jpg Image019a.jpg

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Those bags look awesome on Freedom.

You're lucky you don't live near Cincinnati ~ I'd be bugging you to make mods on my bike!

By the way, what kind of seat cushion do you have there? It doesn't look like an Airhawk.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Charlie.
You flatter me too much though. I'm an engineer and engineers just can't stand to have unsolved problems.

My seat cushion is an AirHawk (medium). It adds tremendously to the comfort index. I have another one (small) for the passenger seat when my wife is on the bike with me. I leave the small one off most of the time since she doesn't ride with me that often.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Looks good Wally! :smiley_th

Have you had the bags packed full yet? If so, was there much difference in how the bike handled?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hyper. I haven't filled the bags to capacity yet as I haven't been on a long ride since mounting them. I do keep a rainsuit, bungee cords, some tools, and other miscellaneous stuff in one. I use the other for carrying a small briefcase, mail, groceries, or whatever I happen to be hauling around. I've not noticed any difference in handling. I do have to watch my clearances a little closer when manuevering around as they do stick out farther than the E-21 cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts