Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, got around to getting some pics of the bike with the E21s mounted up - thought I'd share...

Right Side:

Left Side:

From the Front:

From the Rear:

And Top Rear:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the bags.. did the mounting hardware come with them as well?
No such luck... As far as we can tell, these are about the only set of Givi side bag supports for the VN750 around. Got them from Knifemaker, who got them from a guy in Malaysia. So the chances of someone replicating my setup is even less than going down to the Kawi dealership and buying a new luggage rack for $99.

Other folks have gotten similar results adding a wingrack to their saddlebag supports, but I haven't seen another set of these mounts anywhere, including the net. Posted up the pics for curiosity's sake more than anything. The E21s are a great fit for the Vulcan and while not particularly "cool" looking, incredibly functional & I'm really pleased with how it turned out. :smiley_th

·
2,526 Posts
OK, don't know if I'm the only one who noticed but what's with the dots in the middle of your rear brake and turn signals? Do you have LED's? Nice bags by the way!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Nice looking bike

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
They are old school blue dots. You drill a hole in the lens & insert them. I've usually seen them in brake lights & not turn signals. I'd be curious how they look illuminated.

The bags came out very nice by the way!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No LEDs. To be honest, I'd always just assumed the were OE installed...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
OK, don't know if I'm the only one who noticed but what's with the dots in the middle of your rear brake and turn signals? Do you have LED's? Nice bags by the way!
I used to see the "Cat`s eyes" blue centers on hot rod tail/brake lights, but I think they are no longer legal in Alberta.

IIRC, they don`t show up very much with the tail lights, but make the brighter brake lights look more pink than red at a distance. The closer you get, the more the light separates into distinct red with a blue center.

Not sure what color you would get with the blue/amber combination.???

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now I'm going to have to go check out the lights tonight to see if those things do anything!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Uhhh, blue & yellow make green. ;)
Yup, I did know that, come to think of it. :doh:
Guess you know now that I am not an artist or a painter, eh?
(Gotta throw in the occassional "eh" to keep those sterotypes flowing, y`all.;))

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's mine with the Wingracks, and the E370 topcase also.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfost/sets/72157600755200783/

I love this luggage.
Pick,

What are those rear tip over bars from? Not that I could mount anything else to that shock stud if I wanted to...but it sure looks good!

How is the hinge height on the 370 compared to the backrest? I have a 370 on my Ninja 650 and happen to have a spare Monolock mounting plate. Was envisioning a V46 in my ideal world, but why spend another $300 unnecessarily?

Any pics from the side with the trunk mounted?

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Pick,

What are those rear tip over bars from? Not that I could mount anything else to that shock stud if I wanted to...but it sure looks good!

How is the hinge height on the 370 compared to the backrest? I have a 370 on my Ninja 650 and happen to have a spare Monolock mounting plate. Was envisioning a V46 in my ideal world, but why spend another $300 unnecessarily?

Any pics from the side with the trunk mounted?
Those are the "Dresser Bars" from the Kawasaki VN750 Touring Package. Very rare. Dianna has them too, but I'm not aware of any others.

There are some more pics of the bags in my Backrest album here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfost/sets/72157600755202813/

There are also lots of pics in my Photobucket albums at the link in my sig. I had to add a plate about a half inch thick on the luggage rack to raise the topcase enough to clear the "ducktail" on the seat. It works very well. I think the E21 and E370 are the perfect size for the VN750. And the ability to just turn the key, take them off, and carry them into the hotel room is awesome. I got the idea from Wally Colly (Wall) who had a long thread on here about installing the E21s on his bike a few years back. I'm sure you can find it with a quick search.

Come to The Gathering and see it all in person!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Yup, I did know that, come to think of it. :doh:
Guess you know now that I am not an artist or a painter, eh?
(Gotta throw in the occassional "eh" to keep those sterotypes flowing, y`all.;))
I still occasionally get kidded about my o,u,t's... Who knew eh?
20 years down here & I STILL sound Canadian. lol

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I still occasionally get kidded about my o,u,t's... Who knew eh?
20 years down here & I STILL sound Canadian. lol
So do you say "oot and aboot"? I don`t think I do, but some Yanks still think I pronounce it funny. Southern Alberta has had a lot of immigration from the western states since 1900, and I think our accents sound more like them, than like the British or Scots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts