Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was attempting to eliminate the popping on deceleration this weekend and started by adjusting the air/fuel screws. They are set to stock and still had the lead cap in there....and I cannot figure out how to get that removed. I tried to pry it out w/ a small flathead screwdriver but didn't get anywhere so I next tried to slowly drill them. Well, I cannot for the life of me get a good angle on them (the cylinder head gets in the way) and even ended up breaking a bit cause of it. How do you get a good angle and remove those things?

·
Registered
668 Posts
i used a small drill and it works good.
of course the cylinder head are still in the way but a long as you can "poke" a lil hole, it should be easier to remove the lead by inserting a nail and bend it toward the outer side. It should pop right out .
Make sure that you don't drill the mix screw....it's made of copper i think, and it's very easy to drill in too...

Good luck man

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I used an aul (I think that is right) pointed thingy, and drove it in to the lead with a small hammer and pryed them out like letit said. There is a good bit of room before getting to the needles from the lead plug. Not a whole lot but enought to get the job done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts