Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As soon as i get my tax refund i am going to buy the V&H exhaust, but before i buy i had a few questions.

I have found that they make the right and left side exhaust as well as the right side only. I think i like the style of the right side better, but looks like installation may be more difficult. Any suggestions of which one is better, easier, of which ones you think looks better?

Thanks

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I have Jardine Rumblers that exit on the right, I really like the look. Removing the goat's belly was very easy. I highly recommend you buy OEM gaskets, they fit the exhaust better than the Harely ones. Good luck on the job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Jardine Rumblers that exit on the right, I really like the look. Removing the goat's belly was very easy. I highly recommend you buy OEM gaskets, they fit the exhaust better than the Harely ones. Good luck on the job.
yea i saw some jardines on ebay that are alot cheaper then the V&C. You dont have a video of your bike with that exhaust do you? Or can you get a video or sound bit that i can hear what they sound like?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
As soon as i get my tax refund i am going to buy the V&C exhaust, but before i buy i had a few questions.

I have found that they make the right and left side exhaust as well as the right side only. I think i like the style of the right side better, but looks like installation may be more difficult. Any suggestions of which one is better, easier, of which ones you think looks better?

Thanks
V & H only makes the cruizers for our bikes, left and right side only. They are awesome pipes! :smiley_th

·
Registered
668 Posts
V & H only makes the cruizers for our bikes, left and right side only. They are awesome pipes! :smiley_th
hey Lance

Do you have a link for the V&H that goes on both sides, just like our OEM exhaust?
:rockon:
I am also thinking about getting some once i get my tax return

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
yea i saw some jardines on ebay that are alot cheaper then the V&C. You dont have a video of your bike with that exhaust do you? Or can you get a video or sound bit that i can hear what they sound like?
Use the (search vn750.com) feture at the top to find sound bites and other info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
The link you have is left and right exit, read the note toward the bottom. As previously stated they only make one system for the 700/750. :smiley_th You can buy Cobra and Jardines a little cheaper but you get what you pay for! If you want slip-ons go cheap, if you want a full exhaust with 220 degree heat shields and never see any discoloration and have removeable baffles get V & H.

Here is a link that should satisfy your hunger!

You Tube Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQSvWuanAY

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The link you have is left and right exit, read the note toward the bottom. As previously stated they only make one system for the 700/750. :smiley_th You can buy Cobra and Jardines a little cheaper but you get what you pay for! If you want slip-ons go cheap, if you want a full exhaust with 220 degree heat shields and never see any discoloration and have removeable baffles get V & H.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQSvWuanAY[/URL]
Yes i know it was left and right i was posting that link up for the other guy that was asking about them. But yes i am sold on the V&H, definatly has the best sound.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Yes i know it was left and right i was posting that link up for the other guy that was asking about them. But yes i am sold on the V&H, definatly has the best sound.
My Bad! :doh:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
hey Lance

Do you have a link for the V&H that goes on both sides, just like our OEM exhaust?
:rockon:
I am also thinking about getting some once i get my tax return
Here are some links! :rockon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__Kawasaki-Vulcan-VN-750-CRUZERS-Vance-Hines-Exhaust_W0QQitemZ150315508392QQadiZ2863QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

This is the ONLY system For the 700/750!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQSvWuanAY

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Sound is in the ear of the beholder. I've listened to them all and they all sound good. Jardines are little louder then the V&H but not as loud as the Cobra. I went with Jardines. Only the right side is a slip on, the left side is complete and wraps under the bike in the void left when the Goat's Belly is removed. Fit and finish is top notch.

I saw a set of V&H on Ebay for $301, do your research.

No matter what pipe you go with you will need new exhaust crush gaskets. Harley makes a part that will work, but it does not have the same outside diameter as the OEM part. When you install the Harley gasket it will slide down ever so much and that small gap will leak. The OEM part fits perfect, does not slide down and does not leak. They are less than $4.00 each, just pennies more than a set of the Harley gaskets, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sound is in the ear of the beholder. I've listened to them all and they all sound good. Jardines are little louder then the V&H but not as loud as the Cobra. I went with Jardines. Only the right side is a slip on, the left side is complete and wraps under the bike in the void left when the Goat's Belly is removed. Fit and finish is top notch.

I saw a set of V&H on Ebay for $301, do your research.

No matter what pipe you go with you will need new exhaust crush gaskets. Harley makes a part that will work, but it does not have the same outside diameter as the OEM part. When you install the Harley gasket it will slide down ever so much and that small gap will leak. The OEM part fits perfect, does not slide down and does not leak. They are less than $4.00 each, just pennies more than a set of the Harley gaskets, but worth every penny.
Cool thanks, i will order a OEM exhaust when i order the exhaust. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also like how the V&H's come out even at the back, instead of staggered like the OEM's did. Sound and finish is top notch in my opinion. Very easy to install too.
did you use the exhaust gaskets that came with the exhaust or did you do like the other guy did and buy some OEMS?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
did you use the exhaust gaskets that came with the exhaust or did you do like the other guy did and buy some OEMS?
No gaskets come with the exhaust kit, use the ones from kawasaki.:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I bought the Harley's and everyone's right, they fit a little sloppy. I'm not leaking, but I'll probably pull them off and put the OEM's in there some day when I feel industrious. Easy as pie to install though. I really like'em!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did anyone have to rejett their bike after the exhaust???

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I ran into a problem when I had both ear shave and pipes. I did not rejet, but I have the
G-belly and stock pipes back on and it runs good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts