Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're taking my wife's VN750 in today for some major mods.

The main thing is a completely new custom seat. It will be a solo seat that has a bullet kind of extension going over the fender. Sorta like a Corbin Young Guns style. Our guy is doing it from scratch for us. It'll be a combo foam/gel, leather covered with flame designs stamped on it. No step design like the stock seat, no more little passenger backrest or tool compartment. My wife has short legs and has trouble getting off the bike. She's already put a hole in the stock seat from her boot hitting the top of the backrest.

We're relocating the rear turn signals down by the tail light and re-routing the wires so they are not exposed on the fender. This is so she can get some larger saddlebags. We tried putting the Saddlemen bags I have on her bike and they are just too big with the signals in their current location, the bags end up being too far forward and get in the way when you try and get on and off the bike. She's getting some of the bags in the link. We got their color swatch a while back and the red matches nice with the red on the bike. http://www.buywillieandmax.com/pd_sb903.cfm

The turn signals are all being replaced with bullet style housings.

It's going to look nice when it's done. It should be finished by New Years. My wife is having shoulder surgery next week so no riding for a couple weeks anyway, this is the perfect time to get the mods done.

I'll post some pics when it's finished.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Sound Like It Will Look Great, Will Check Out The Pics When There Up.
Good Luck, Merry Christmas.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Yeah, pics !! More than a few here would certainly be interested in seeing the new seat.
Any chance ya could get pics of the seat being made?

And good thoughts to your wife on the upcoming surgery (for her and her bike) . :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts