Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i got the title for my bike today, and i started the custom seat process yesterday, and along with that i cut the tip of my finger with a damn bread knife. But its getting real close, i just ordered a bunch of parts from ebay, got an ear from billbrannen, its getting down to the last few bits before she hits the road. i cant wait guys.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
I hope the weather cooperates and is perfect the day you get her going!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!!! Pics?
Im not sure if you want pics of the title, the seat, the bike or the tip of my finger lol. I will post pics as soon as i can.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
haha you beat me to it KM... was about to say the same thing lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will see what i can do guys, but not promising anything

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
11,815 Posts
Cool. What works real nice for shaping seat foam is an electric carving knife.

I did not have one, so ran out to Wal-Mart and just bought the cheapest one they had..(15.99)

They make smoother cuts because you are not moving the foam "back and forth" as you would with a single blade by hand.

Round off edges by degrees...When done , use a thin layer of foam (like 1/4 inch sheet) to cover the top, this will smooth out any gaps or uneveness so the cover fits smooth.

KM

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats for the tips km, i will have to use those when i start to finish it up, but thats going to have to wait until i get back from ohio, heading that way on monday for a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts