Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen that the first thing to do is replace the battery with a sealed battery, and a common battery I have seen is the Deka ETX15L battery.

http://www.apexbattery.com/deka-etx..._content=pla&gclid=CK7t1v_1orgCFa9cQgod4gUAGQ

Is this the same battery? Because the picture looks slightly different than others I have seen, and this seems to be the best deal I can find so far.

Are there more affordable and reliable options?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
That's a good price, but I had read last year that Deka was out of business. If so, I'd be wary that it could be old stock. Possibly a year or more on the shelf already, but I'm not sure they're gone, just something I read on a forum.

That's the same number as the MagnaPower in my signature, it's an AGM, and they are well worth the extra dollars. Mine would still spin the engine over fine while reading 11.75v, and at full charge, it sits forever at 13.7v. I would definitely buy another, assuming I get a decent lifespan out of it. I bought it last November and didn't start using it until Spring this year.

I would advise getting an AGM type, whatever brand you decide, they are worth it. Advance Auto Parts is where I found the MagnaPower, which is supposed to be the former Deka.

Edit: Now why didn't I do this first? http://www.dekabatteries.com/default.aspx?pageid=4 Looks like they're alive and well, guess you can't believe everything you read on a forum, huh.

If that's an AGM, it's a very good price, provided the shipping doesn't push it over $70, because I think mine was below that.

Edit II: Shipping $12.88, I'd check some local parts stores. Maybe look at their websites for discount codes and order one into the store if it's not in stock.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Definitely check local stores. I was able to buy one from Advanced Auto with a $25 off coupon. Bought it online and picked it up at the store. Cost about $60 after tax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts