Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it's only December and I need a ride. Hoping for some decent weather so I can get a ride in but the low today is 15. Only been riding 3 years and I am having withdrawals. Can't wait for spring/summer. Thinking about moving south with all you all year riders!!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
I hear ya bro! I put our bikes up for the winter, back in Oct.! I am trying really hard not to get the itch. lol so, what I am doing, is making plans for rides for next year! also, right now things are kind of busy with the Holidays and all. so I don't really have time for a ride, let alone time to think about riding. lol now, next month, all I will be doing is thinking about riding! :doh:

as for moving south? we are so there with ya! we plan on doing that too. it just won't be anytime soon though. BLAST!

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Lol, you got the itch early man. I understand though. Sometimes the itch never leaves for the off season Maybe you'll get your wish and have a string of days that will let you scratch.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
We all feel that way. Hang in there bro be strong

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Lol, you got the itch early man. I understand though. Sometimes the itch never leaves for the off season Maybe you'll get your wish and have a string of days that will let you scratch.
I'm farther South, but older and my blood is thinner, so thats what I wish for too, a few warm days to scratch...lol... I need a lil warm up ride so I can change my oil also...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I believe all of us where it is cold are suffering from PMS,parked motorcycle syndrome :)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,723 Posts
It's sunny and 28 degrees out right now. Should warm up to 35. Was going to go for a ride today but think I'll wait till tomorrow when it is supposed to hit 44.....so y'all can call me a pusssy if you want...;)
LMOL! that is just too funny! :smiley_th

oh, we may call you something, but it won't be a "pussy"! lol

have a good one KM and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
As a native of PA I hear ya! Thankfully the service brought me to the great state of NC so I have not had to stop riding yet. Morning are getting cooler though. So far 26 on the way in has been the worst. Wish you all some warm weather!

Kevin

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well, I saw a rider out here in sunny southern Alberta one day last week, just a day or so before a nasty snow storm we had. I didn`t get a real good look at him in the city traffic, but I think he was astride a larger dual sport bike. He must have been out scratching his itch. :)

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Just got back from a 200+ mile ride on the Vulcan today. Averaged 55 degrees. Most of it on a very boring and very straight freeway, but I didn't figure going up north was a good idea, I got caught in a serious snowstorm up there last weekend on my Honda Rebel. Fortunately it was all fresh snow, no ice.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Just got back from a 200+ mile ride on the Vulcan today. Averaged 55 degrees. Most of it on a very boring and very straight freeway, but I didn't figure going up north was a good idea, I got caught in a serious snowstorm up there last weekend on my Honda Rebel. Fortunately it was all fresh snow, no ice.
Yea ,rub it in on all us cold people,glad you enjoyed it:smiley_th

·
1,100 Posts
I believe all of us where it is cold are suffering from PMS,parked motorcycle syndrome :)
I love that! Can I use it all winter when I'm grouchy? ha ha. ;)

·
1,100 Posts
I got caught in a serious snowstorm up there last weekend on my Honda Rebel. Fortunately it was all fresh snow, no ice.
Yeah, I'm glad it was fresh snow. Got caught a couple of times years ago. Sure makes it interesting getting back home. That Rebel must be so fun to blast around on though. I used to have a Suz GN400 one lung that I so loved. Electrical system got all batty and I gave it away when I got something else. It was a great kick and go till then though, and did well as a wannabe trail bike too. Didn't need a battery... come to think of it, that might be why she fried :wow:, HA! who knew, lol. Hindsight is always 20/20 right? Have a good one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I was in the garage messing around and decided to throw the motorcycle cover over her. Maybe that will help not having to look at her all the time! Although she is mighty good lookin and I might have to sneak a couple peeks now and then.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I love that! Can I use it all winter when I'm grouchy? ha ha. ;)
Go for it Dave ,It's the excuse I use when I've got a pretty good grouch on in wintertime.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Eric you're a pussy! I was going to take her out today and decided to wait for a few more degrees also, so I'm a pussy too. Oh well, cats in a cradle, maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I usually put the bike away when the leaves fall because of a past experience with wet leaves. This year I kept riding and was out just a few days ago. 60 degrees in December here in NJ is unheard of so I was taking advantage of it and loving it! Now it looks like it is getting colder fast, so I have been working on the bike in my spare time and getting the complaints from the wife that I spend more time with the bike than her.:doh:
I'll have to remember the PMS comment....much better than saying something like "I do spend more time with the bike cuz I can ride her just for fun"
BTW...it gets cold in the doghouse.

·
1,100 Posts
I might have to sneak a couple peeks now and then.
Well, we have to uncover to check for varmints... and the status of the battery tender and all that, lol. Gotta peek for sure

Denny, :smiley_th ! I plan to get some good use from that phrase for my grouchy arse, cuz even though the vehicles are winterized, Dave isn't, ha ha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts