Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a general technical question, and don't know where it belongs in the other categories, Ask it here. The moderators will move it to the correct thechnical folder if necessary.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
PROTAC backrest

I bought a PROTAC backrest and found it to upright for me. The saddlebag brackets were holding it to far forward--quick solution was to grind out protac mount so it fit around the saddlebag bracket. Dished it out about 1/8" and found the angle fit perfectly. Our friends @ PROTAC made the mount extra thick so removing a 1/8" is no big deal. The next thing is to fabricate brackets that will go on the luggage rack and allow the wife to use the backrest when she accompanies me.

·
scooterboy
69 Posts
Warranty Repair

How long does it take your local dealer to handle warranty repair work. One dealer told me 1to1 1/2 weeks Another told me 1 Does everyone else experience such delays. I took it in because the oil light was staying on.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
It's just that time of the year. Try to get anything done and it will take 1-2 weeks. They are pretty much saying, "Get in line."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help in finding a new VN750!

Red Baron said:
If you have a general technical question, and don't know where it belongs in the other categories, Ask it here. The moderators will move it to the correct thechnical folder if necessary.
Hey everyone. I'm Dr. Ron, and from the Kansas City, Kansas area. Three years ago, both my left and right retinas detached, leaving me 95% blind. I barely had enough sight to show my bike and sell it, assuming I would never be able to ride again. However, after 4 brutual surguries and lots of recovery time, I'm happy to say that I've regained enough sight back that I can safely ride again. My previous bike was a 1995 750cc Vulcan, in the deep blue and chrome everywhere. I bought the bike from a bike dealership in the NE corner of San Antonio, in perfect mint condition. I sold it exactly the same way in 2002. I desparately want to find another 750cc Vulcan in great condition, but haven't been able to find anything. Anyone out there have any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Check ebay. There are usually at least a dozen for sale at any one time. Glad to see a fellow Texan in the mix.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Have you tried eBay? Or maybe a local dealer can find one.

On another note, after having dissected more than my share of eyeballs, how did they reattach your retina? It is an extremely thin layer of tissue, and our students often pull it loose unknowingly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is Blaze Orange. E-mail [email protected] , I have a 2006 VN 750 in perfect showroom condition, with only 4,500 miles on it. I am thinking of selling it and get a new Kawasaki 900LT. Located in Tampa Bay area of Florida.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to lube brake and clutch cables without
disconnecting the cables from the bike (2002 VN 750) ?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to lube brake and clutch cables without
disconnecting the cables from the bike (2002 VN 750) ?
The only way I've ever done them is to atleast disconnect them from the levers. Not much of any other way to get the lube into the cable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2006 VN 750 For Sale

Hey everyone. I'm Dr. Ron, and from the Kansas City, Kansas area. Three years ago, both my left and right retinas detached, leaving me 95% blind. I barely had enough sight to show my bike and sell it, assuming I would never be able to ride again. However, after 4 brutual surguries and lots of recovery time, I'm happy to say that I've regained enough sight back that I can safely ride again. My previous bike was a 1995 750cc Vulcan, in the deep blue and chrome everywhere. I bought the bike from a bike dealership in the NE corner of San Antonio, in perfect mint condition. I sold it exactly the same way in 2002. I desparately want to find another 750cc Vulcan in great condition, but haven't been able to find anything. Anyone out there have any ideas?
Thanks!
Check out the general discussion section for info on 2006 VN 750 for sale. E-mail [email protected] for info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts