Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Xerik
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 vulcan, 72,000 miles with only the tail light and muffler that has been changed. Tail light is LED now.

I am looking for a good site for LED lights *adding more as I ride at night*

I am wanting a louder horn as I went quiter mufflers. *factory horn sounds like a june bug going down the highway... meep meep*

Last question... what is the R/R. I feel I should know as I went to college to get a degree in Automotive science and technology (Fancy term to say I can turn a wrentch).

Any helpful advice would be most well... helpful :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
site where i got my LED lights: motolume.com
horn: Stebel Nautilus real loud air horn in small package easy to install.
R/R: rectifier/regulator the little thingy on the right side front of rear tire with wires going into it .
Soon someone else will jump in to give more help in the forum.
Welcome.
:smiley_th

·
Xerik
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for replying so fast :p

The LED website is very much appreciated aswell as the R/R thing.

Would any one use a train horn for their bike or if any one has one for their bike? I always liked the sound and its loud enough even music people will hear it. :D

*Found one called Chrome hawk electrc train horn*

·
Xerik
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question what is the control dongol switches on the left handle bar called? My hi/lo beam switch is going bad.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Quick question what is the control dongol switches on the left handle bar called? My hi/lo beam switch is going bad.
46091A 46091-1514 HOUSING-ASSY-CONTROL,LH 1$122.32

or just look for left hand handle bar controls on eBay.

for the horn, try harbor freight they have compact train air horns that should work for what you are wanting... for a good price.

also the R/R's function is similar to the voltage Regulator on a car, with the exception it also changes the Stator's AC voltage to DC voltage.

Do you have a Service manual? I have a Haynes, Clymers and the pdf Factory service manual. out of the three I prefer the Factory service manual over the other two. YOu can get it free from the link in my signature, also check out my scribd pages for other cool, cheep, and useful mods.

·
Xerik
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for the comments and for the handle bar thing. Found one on ebay for 14.99 *hopes it works*

Thank you for the Service manual as well that will help a lot specially for the electrical work.

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts