Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer for some gaskets since i have to replace my stator. Front Bevel Gearcase gasket $17, Left side cover $22. Exhaust are $8 each. I think i can make my own for those prices (except for the exhaust). Any suggestions? Also read on here that the harley gaskets for the exhaust are better to use.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
As far as I know, the harley exhaust gaskets will cost about the same. I don't remember the part number, it's probably in the Vulcan verses though... if not, OlHoss knows it,

·
Banned
448 Posts
Ron Ayers has the best prices I have found online so far.
Stator gasker is around $9.67 + shipping.
www.ronayers.com

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
Harley gaskets were 8 bucks a pair... Last time I bought some. Many buy gasket material and make their own for engine covers/parts.

I just posted the part number for the Harley ones in another thread somewhere ........................perhaps someone can direct you to it.

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Somebody posted this link to indyoem.com parts a few weeks back.
http://www.indyoem.com/default.asp

They seem to have good prices, but I have no knowledge of their service or reliability.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Harley gaskets were 8 bucks a pair... Last time I bought some. Many buy gasket material and make their own for engine covers/parts.

I just posted the part number for the Harley ones in another thread somewhere ........................perhaps someone can direct you to it.

KM
KM`s quote from other thread:

First off... Everyone I know uses Harley gaskets...Perhaps someone has the part number handy?

I always put a bit of bearing grease on the gasket to help hold it in place ... It burns off after a few hard miles.

But yeah, serious about the HD gaskets..

Edit... HD part # 17048-98 ....knew I had it somewhere....

·
Registered
748 Posts
Be aware that some H-D parts counterman are brain dead, and don't have a clue that "17048-98 GASKET KIT" means two gaskets. They get the gaskets in bulk, and will charge that 8 bucks or so for each gasket. (4 I've dealt with so far).

Arguing with 'em doesn't work, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts