Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I started out this season by having a stone dead battery when the bike came out of the shed even tho it was on a trickle-charger throughout the winter. Today I finally got a new battery so the starter actually had some life in it. Anyway, after I put in the new battery I tried to start it up and as the starter was turning, the bike let out a pretty substantial backfire. After that happened, I was once again trying to finesse the electric start when gasoline started pouring out of my left air intake. And I dont mean trickling, I mean flowing pretty good. It would stop once I quit on the starter button, which leads me to believe that the gas is just flowing willy-nilly into the carb when its trying to fire up, and overflowing into the air intake tubes. Could a loud backfire knock the needle out in such a way that there's no flow stopper of gas going into the carb? Has anyone ever heard of this problem? And what the heck is the easiest way to get to the bottom of this without taking apart way more stuff then I have to?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im having the same EXACT problem(Gas flooding through the left air filter). I have a feeling that it may have something to do with the needle floats however i too am looking for an answer before investing $50+ on new needles and countless hours of headaches removing/installing the carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts