Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling off my extra gas tank, front fender, center stand....for now...may add to this list soon....adding a throtthe assembly with switch and wire harness. No cables. $20.

Fender is freshly painted, same color as my bike (midnight charcoal metallic)....tank is raw (see pics)...center stand is stock and I will weld on a new skid for it before shipping....

Issue....there are two who have "first dibs" on the tank...they were promised, but didnt follow thru yet....

Spockster has first dibs, Glenn Cox second....after that it goes to bids...yep...Im gonna ask for bids (never been done, has it ?)....reason, so cheap....I agreed for a price with Spock, he needs to confirm....Glenn is interested at another price....otherwise the bids will start at $50 plus shipping....NOTE....the tank comes WITH the fuel gauge float, which is worth $50 on its own....

Fender is $40 plus shipping and the centerstand is $20 plus shipping....

For the fender and centerstand, PM me, for the tank, please make bids public so that I dont hear no whinin....the dent looks much worse than it is due to the spotty primer...

Another plus on the tank, it still has immaculate badges....find THAT.... ;)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Tank
$75.00 + shipping

:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay William....but like I said....Spockster has first dibs and Glenn second...Spock just needs to gimme an OK, and Glenn agree to the price he and I discussed....but yer definitely in the running so far....and like I said, comes with the fuel float....I'd even bondo and prime it for ya William fer that bid (no shipping because yer comin thru again, lol)....gonna give Spock and Glenn 3 days....only fair since we were dealin on it in private....if they dont want it, yer first/top bidder....

List has been added to 24 July.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I just want the paint job lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Send me yer tank and I'll do it up fer ya....low price plus shipping....lol...one week turnaround....if ya want SprayMax 2K its extra and an extra week, lol....ya know....my shop is gonna be in full swing by end of autumn....I will be doing stuff like that....and naturally everyone here gets a discount...custom decals extra plus another 2 weeks.....will do all tins....fenders and sidecovers too...

I should start another thread for this, but not yet...shop aint done yet...nuther month....

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
As I've said before, I appreciate you trying to help me out. But go ahead and sell the tank because I know it's going to be a while before I could do anything, may have to sell the bike. I'm glad to know you won't be stuck with it.

Edit: PS - Let me know if the others don't take it and you're still stuck with it.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...okay....if thats what ya say....but Im sure another will come thu soon anyway...been 3 VNs same yard past 2 years....and if I can get my new 5 gal Harley tank to work, will be selling mine soon too....

So Glenn (GCX) lemme know if you want it at what we talked....if not, WmTech gets it since nobody else bid.....

Fender, centerstand and throttle/switch assy still up....

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
...okay....if thats what ya say...
\

What, exactly, does that mean? Or what are you implying there? And... Which part of the post are you referring to, or the whole post?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What, exactly, does that mean? Or what are you implying there?
Nothing implied.....you stated...

But go ahead and sell the tank because I know it's going to be a while before I could do anything, may have to sell the bike.
You STILL aint sent me yer mailing addy, btw.....WmTech has top bid right now, but you and I had an agreement...I'll honor that first, even if I lose $30....my word is good...I dont back off or change for $$....if you dont want it anymore, thats cool too...the tank I can move....the fender and other stuff, not so easy....lets take it to PMs....

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Setting It Straight

I want to set something straight about this tank deal.

I did not just order up a tank from Wolfie and then back out on the deal.

I posted an ad for a tank. Wolfie sent a PM and said he knew of a tank in the junkyard and he would check on it. Next thing I knew, I got a PM or email(don't have time to look right now) early one morning stating he was going to be on his way to pick up the tank. This was before I had seen a pic of the tank, it was even before I had a price on it.

During the interim, I found out my situation was more serious than I had imagined, and I wasn't going to be buying anything else for the bike any time soon, and may even have to sell it.

I immediately sent an email or PM (don't have time to look right now) telling Wolfie to hold off on picking up the tank because my situation had worsened and wouldn't be able to buy any tank from anyone. Obviously, he didn't get the message in time.

So it's not that I "screwed" Wolfie on this tank deal. He jumped the gun in picking it up, expecting that I was committing to buy the tank sight unseen. Even after he had the tank home, I still had to ask for pics and the price.

So, yes Wolfie, as I said in my previous post, sell the tank if you can, I'm in no position to buy anything from anyone right now or in the immediate future. You must have my email address, since I've been getting emails from you.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
....ya know....yer seein things that aint there....I PMed you and told you Id send you the tank Id eat the cost, and when you could pay me back, then fine...never heard back from you....and as Ive stated before, I was NOT referring to you when I made that post about getting stuck....where are you getting this stuff from ????......I dont need accusations....was trying to help you out....screw it.....GCX (Glenn) hasnt contacted me, so WmTech has it for $75.....DONE........

I did not just order up a tank from Wolfie and then back out on the deal.
Nobody ever accused you of that either....where did you fabricate that from ????....I bought parts for a number of others....its them I was talking about, not you...I know your situation.....but, after this....I also told you that if you didnt want it, Id keep it myself to try and make a larger tank.....quit making stuff up (but you have no time)....I can dig up the old mails and PMs if you want.....I never accused you of bailing or screwing me....

...and its the last time I try to help someone out too.....I sent someone muffler bushings too...free, I paid shipping....never even got a "thanks I got em".....nope...unless it for a brother, no more.....and Shark...peg is going out this Fri or Sat.....

What color ya want it WilliamTech ????

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
You know, I had a whole post ready, with quotes and points all laid out, some from the email address you said you never got. But I'm just going to drop it after this, in hopes you'll drop it and not post anything else about me. Including info I gave you in email. I'm on my way out of here, and I won't be back posting in 12 hours afterward. I hope you'll let me leave in peace. It's not like I could get any answers to questions anyway. (the word shallow comes to mind)

I got three more real good 'gotchas' again today, so that makes about 45 days of it so far. Before now I didn't think some of what I'm living was even possible, now I know better. I should write it up and sell the movie.

In the post I deleted, I was asking for a show of hands, how many thought I screwed Wolfie on the tank deal when you read the start of this thread? (quotes deleted too)

And with that, this individual vanishes. Problem solved.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Its too bad that you let your personal problems affect this....all I was tryin to do was help ya....you took my ONE STATEMENT as being aimed towards YOU.... (paranoia)...you were wrong....but...as you wish...vaya con dios....

I hope you work out your personal problems soon...I felt you were a decent guy....that kinda stuff yer going thru can fook up someones head....hope ya get it fixed soon and get back to doin....Ive never felt any ill towards you....sad that you feel I did....dunno what more I can say....you just misread and misunderstood......

in hopes you'll drop it and not post anything else about me. Including info I gave you in email. I'm on my way out of here, and I won't be back posting in 12 hours afterward. I hope you'll let me leave in peace. It's not like I could get any answers to questions anyway. (the word shallow comes to mind)
Youre the one harping on it, not me....as for your info in mail, all I had was a general location....as for the word "shallow"...well....
Sorry youre feeling this way...I hope you work things out in your personal life....I been thru what youre going thru, but I initiated it.....she backed off....youre 180 from where I was 20 yrs ago....I wish you well, really......

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
You had the last word, I said I was done here so I'm not responding to it. Fling away further if you must.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...ahem...

Fender, centerstand still for sale....also an OEM engine guard, has light rust in places you cant see anyway....$80 plus shipping on that...

Will have my own design sissy bars and luggage racks available some time this winter.

Someone was asking about the solo seat I was working on...work has resumed....soon now....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
if it dont sell here list all this stuff on craigslist. There is also a number i see in the paper (motorcycle parts buy anything) ad in the paper every week, I wonder if they want to buy my old 800 EPA nonsense.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
90% of Craigs are spammers/scammers, and I know that ad....he's a rip...besides, Id rather give members here a better deal than Ebay first....if I dont sell, will bring em all to the next StrangeDays, lol....best places to sell, btw....swapmeets....mano y mano...no shipping/packaging, etc...face to face....I like that best....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
90% of Craigs are spammers/scammers, and I know that ad....he's a rip...besides, Id rather give members here a better deal than Ebay first....if I dont sell, will bring em all to the next StrangeDays, lol....best places to sell, btw....swapmeets....mano y mano...no shipping/packaging, etc...face to face....I like that best....
craigs has a lot of spam / scam for sure. I bought a back hoe through there, sold a snow blower, truck tires, backhoe tires, radiator for the house.

I am sure there is more stuff too. I did everything local and cash only.

it is a good place for in person type dealings.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ive had luck with Craigs too...both buying and selling...just saying, that when selling, you only stand a 10% chance....I sold my K-Blazer thru Craigs....but its often not worth the 30 mails asking "is it still available ?" or "can you ship it to Europe, Im moving in a week...I'll send you a check"....lol....Da Woof dont need that crap....Id rather make em wall hangers, or mebbe make trades with Ed for other parts....and anyway, I aint in no hurry now...tank is sold....pays for all my outlays....I aint into this to make money....thats what my shop is gonna be for.... ;)

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts