Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My (new to me) '04 750 is presently getting about 40 mpg. Seems too low. Am using "chemtrol b-12" (like seafoam) in all gasoline run thru engine. About 4 complete tanks run so far. Suspect some varnish in carbs, but don't want to disassemble them. Engine runs fine. Have not checked carb synchronization. Checked connectors between air cleaners and carbs - all tight. Should I be looking further for vacuum leaks? Would appreciate hearing comments & recommendations from forum members. Tks ..... james

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
is the bike stock?earshaved, degoated, how hard do you ride,etc.etc.etc

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: boscoe

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
normal is 45-55 if I remember correctly

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Best mine gets is 42mpg, with oversize front tire which is supposed to correct the speedometer, that would bring the distance/mpg down a small bit. It's been hard to ride easy through a whole tank, I tend to crank on it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the bike stock?earshaved, degoated, how hard do you ride,etc.etc.etc

Not earshaved. Don't know if stock or not. My riding is pretty conservative. I have a Vulcan 500 that gets abt 55 mpg +\-. That's what I'm basing my judgements on about the 750. I think it just has a few issues that I've not yet found. I enjoy "tinkering", so eventually I'll get it "dialed in". Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I ride hard mine gets down to 38 or so I run 42-43 for my day to day commuting and get about 52 when I go on the lazy Sunday rides with my daughter on the back.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think I checked it once and was getting 42

even though your 500 is only 250cc smaller than the 750, it still has one fewer carburetor and cylinder, so a 30% drop in fuel economy would honestly be expected

Kawasaki wrung this engine out and made it a real performer for a 750cc, especially considering it's a V-twin that revs to 8500 rpm, so it doesn't really get the best fuel economy for a bike its size

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I think I checked it once and was getting 42

even though your 500 is only 250cc smaller than the 750, it still has one fewer carburetor and cylinder, so a 30% drop in fuel economy would honestly be expected

Kawasaki wrung this engine out and made it a real performer for a 750cc, especially considering it's a V-twin that revs to 8500 rpm, so it doesn't really get the best fuel economy for a bike its size
The Vulcan 500 is a twin as well,albeit a parallel one,but still a twin,and with dual carbs also

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Stock other than degoated and i get 120 miles per tank. Consistently between all my vulcans. Same setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts