Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So today I fired my bike up after having it apart for a while. I did the ear shave and jetted it with 138/140's. Fired the bike up and it sounded great. However, after i shut it off I could smell gas and noticed that gas was leaking from the rear carb where the air pod filter connects. Even with the petcock turned to the off position it just kept filling up.
I will be the first to admit that I have very limited knowledge fuel systems in general so I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what is causing this? Is it even a carb issue or does this have to do with petcock?

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Sounds like a stuck float and the petcock leaking through.

The float and it's needle valve should be able to shut off the fuel, so it must be stuck or the float is filling with fuel and sinking.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
don't worry, Wolfie taught us all how to blow properly. go to the fuel and carb section, look in the stickies(yes sometimes blowing makes you a bit sticky)and look up Wolfie's blowback method. miss ya,you old cantankerous bathturd(translation for the newbies,luvs ya,old man)

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
you're welcome, Corey.sometimes it works well,and is much easier than ripping the carbs out,so it's worth a try

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will let you know for sure! Just ordered the TW200 petcock and t fitting, did the blowback on the carbs already but im gonna put some seafoam in them and then do it again when I put on the new petcock when it gets here. Probably gonna put some seafoam in the tank as well when I get it all back together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts