Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take the cover off and notice two small spots near foot of sidestand. Gas. Can't see anything on the bike, but touch the petcock handle and it's wet. Nuts! Trace it up to the front mounting bolt and tighten that. No improvement.

Thinking I'm going to need to drain the tank, pull the petcock, and put in new gasket. Or am I overlooking something?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Check the nipples, make sure they're seated properly, happened to me and thats all it was. Also the fuel lines are firmly in place.

Peace:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the nipples, make sure they're seated properly, happened to me and thats all it was. Also the fuel lines are firmly in place.

Peace:beerchug:
By nipples, you mean the nipples the lines slide onto, right? Or are there holes in the tank that alignment nipples/studs on the back side of the petcock fit into? Lines are OK. Leak appears to be between petcock and tank, but suppose it could be wicking its way upwards. Most gas appeared to be on the front petcock mounting bolt.

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Mine recently started leaking at the front mounting tab and the fuel ran down the tank and appeared at the rear dripping. You might want to check that too if these other ideas don't identify it.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's such a slow leak I really can't see much. Using a paper towel and pressing it up around different parts of the tank and petcock. I pulled the left tank mount loose a few months back and a friend welded that up. That's still not leaking. Seems to be around the front of the petcock, which makes me suspect gasket. PO had a new petcock installed about a year ago. You would think it would last longer than that! But then again, it was installed by a dealership!

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tightened the petcock mount bolts and leak stopped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts