Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had be getting what I thought was pretty poor gas mileage on my 700, like 38mpg. But I friend has been keeping her for me while I am in China. She just told me that she put 120 miles on her and only put in 2.6 gals. That come out to be about 46 mpg, not bad.

Could the gauge be faulty? Can it be replaced easily? Is it worth the trouble? Right now the gauge is showing empty sooner than it really is. This could be good thing.

Preach

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The gauge tends to linger on the full side for quite a while and once it moves past the half way mark tends to fall off rapidly. The differences noted between the two riders in gas mileage is not a result of a faulty gaige but usually the difference in riding styles and conditions.
I've run the tank down to 3.506 gallons at fill-up and it did hang in their in the red zone quite a while!

·
Registered
82 Posts
38 miles oer gallon isn't great for sure. I have a 700 also. When I refuel I reset the trip odometer, and depending on where and how I ride, generally don't have to refuel till I get 125 to 140 miles on the bike. I also use the super high octane gas in the bike. It runs quieter, and seems to have more power. Also if you look in the box behind the seat, it recommends that you use no less than 89 octane in the bike. That might be one of the reasons that you aren't getting good mileage. Unfortunately, my riding season is over. I envy those in warmer climates that can ride year round.
Ride safe
Wayne :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts