Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
About 12 nights ago, here in Raleigh,NC , the temp went down to 23 degrees. The following day, I got on my 2001 VN750 to goto work and I see that the speedometer and also the gas gauge were dead. The speedometer, I figured maybe the cable broke. OK. The gas gauge needle is permanent on Full. My tank was full at that moment but after 2 days it still said FULL. After that day there were at least 4 more nights 30 degrees or less. I figure if it works on a fuse, its blown, or it might be a wire gone bad.

But today, I see the gas needle moving again! After 12 days of not working. ITs at 3/4 full. I thought for sure a fuse was blown or wire was not conducting anymore.

How can something I thought was "dead" revive like that ? I haven't looked closely at the speedo , I figure thats a new cable I have to buy, but can any of you vulcan veterans explain to me what happened with the gas gauge ? :confused:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Take the seat off. Theres a plug under there just behind the tank that goes to the sender...check the wires for pinches, and check the plug for corrosion. Thats the usual culprit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts