Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I recently bought a non working Vulcan for $350 dollars to fix up, but it didn't have a gas tank among other things. I've finally got it up and running but have no gas cap for the gas tank. I've tried searching for replacements but just need some guidance to make sure I don't buy the wrong one.

I found these for the EN500: https://m.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Gas-Tank-Cap-For-Kawasaki-EN400-EN500-TANK-CAP-/171849448198?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275&_mwBanner=1

This looks like it would work based off the holes on the bike, but do I need any screws. Also does anyone know what screws are needed for it?

There also seems to be some bundled with the ignition system but they seem to be really pricy.

Also are there any non locking alternatives?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Heya,

I'd shy away from using a different part unless a reliable source can assure you it's a good fit. Short of photographic proof of a non-stock piece in place and working, I'd wouldn't risk it.

Be aware that there are two versions of the gas tank, one with a vent tube between the gas-cap mounting holes, and one without. Probably worth trying to track down the proper cap for your tank. 51049-1139 seems to be the gas cap part number for the tank with the vent tube.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Yep, the VN750 cap is unique to this model.

Keep watching ebay and check some ebay stores, I see caps fairly often at reasonable prices, there just aren't many right now.

You can also post in the forum Sell/Swap section, I think there are a few bikes being parted out.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
vn700-750 gas caps are specific for the vn700-750.no others that I know of will fit.also,as I recall,all years use the same cap.it's the gasket between the two different venting tanks that is different.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you all for the quick replies and insight. That was exactly what I was worrying about. Is there any temporary solution anyone knows of to keep rain any other objects from the gas tank while I find a gas cap? I found one with the part number outlined by Thorn above for $85, is that the average price for the gas cap or is it just due to a shortage of gas caps?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
seran wrap

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts