Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just got a 1986 vulcan 750 a a kz550 Ltd, but the gas cap on the 750 won't open with the key I think is seized can someone recomend a method to get it loose again or if not possible how to remove and where to get a replacement?
Thank you in advance.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Hey all! I just got a 1986 vulcan 750 a a kz550 Ltd, but the gas cap on the 750 won't open with the key I think is seized can someone recomend a method to get it loose again or if not possible how to remove and where to get a replacement?
Thank you in advance.
With a pin punch (or substitute tool), CAREFULLY knock out the hinge pin.....for complete cap removal. :rockon:
Repair lock or have re-keyed as necessary......

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
Thank you in advance.
If you're a psycho and just happen to own a Captive Bolt Pistol, then you can punch out that lock like how the bad guy in No Country for Old Men did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you evulcanibbal but rather punched it out with another pin, I didn't have any luck fixing the seized lock is there a universal cap I can use instead?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts