Votes: 4 10.8%
  • In the open

Votes: 1 2.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to how many of us keep our bikes garaged? I'm also curious as to mechanical wear caused by the elements. As in - are the splines under the boot (driveshaft) affected by the environment?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Mine has been garaged since I bought it but the previous owner(s) kept it outside and in the rain. I know because of all the rust!!!
I haven't done the rear yet but I will get to it this week.
The front had no grease at all but there also didn't appear to be any appreciable wear either. No internal rust was noted as well so even though just about every external fastener and wire comb has rust, the stuff in the boot didn't.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think about this possibility, but vote according to the longest time it spends in one of the poll options. Which also means that if you ride it more than you park it, then it is out in the open more. Don't forget to vote at the top!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Good piont, Mine was kept outside by previous owner under a cover. But now in garage year round if I'm not riding it

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
After a ride, it usually sits outside till it cools off a bit, then into the garage. But there have been a few times I'm so tired after a long ride that I kinda forget to put it away before I'm zonked out. So it's outside 'til morning then.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Garaged from day one may 2001 never been in rain
never seen water only dust it off and wax her still
like brand new with 11,500 mile's..........

·
Registered
299 Posts
I went to home depot and they had this small green house for sale for 250 dollars Its 6 ft in height 8 ft wide by 8 ft long. My vn 750 fits perfectly inside with plenty of room to work on it if I need to KRAWDAD7

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Mine stays in the grage at work or home. On trips it has to stay outside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts