Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning the garage for a hopeful departure from the communist state of Illinois and I seem to have a bunch of miscellaneous VN750 parts. Most of them are probably just little do-dads but there are a couple of fenders and other tidbits. If anyone is in my neck of the woods (Crystal Lake, IL) and is looking to become the keeper of these little treasures, I'd appreciate a reply. Hell, might even be willing to part with the 1990 VN750 that a lot of these mods were experimented on "back in the day". She hasn't been started in many years but should be able to be roadworthy with a few hours of TLC. I've just been too busy the past decade to work on bikes other than my daily rider.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I’m from Cedar Rapids Iowa. How close are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crystal Lake, IL

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm in Dekalb!
What do you have?

I'm specifically looking for a heat shield, as I cracked one (left side I believe).
But I'd be curious what else you have.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full OEM (drilled) exhaust system
Starter with rebuild kit
couple of rear fenders
oem seat
boxes and boxes of misc parts from the engine and power train
whole bunch of other stuff

Right now I'm recovering from surgery, so I'm not going to document the parts but as I get time I'll be trying to get a better accounting. I just don't want to throw this stuff away but at the same time I want these to go to someone who might have use for them.

I also have a non-running historic VN750 that I could be convinced to part with if the right person wants it. I want this bike to be restored to it's former glory and not sitting in a garage or broken up for parts. I'm open to offers.

·
Registered
514 Posts
As much as I'd love a 2nd VN750 (I LOVE this bike), I'm pretty sure I'd have to choose between that and my wife. :grin2:
I still love her more, so I will have to pass on the bike. I'll ask my dad if he wants a project bike though.

I'm not sure if you're talking about one bike or two.
Is the "non-running historic VN750" the same bike as the "the 1990 VN750"?

Lastly, I was mistaken before, I need the right side heat shield.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What’s historic about a 1990 750? I would be potentially interested in a project, if it was the right price.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Sad that you are leaving instead of staying and fighting with us Bulldog. I've made "friends" with our state rep in past few years. last election he didn't even have anyone runnig against him so he got into office again. Wrote long letter to IL repub party as to why thy didn't put anyone forward. I was even researching what it takes to run for that office...
But I understand if you want to leave - life is to short to waste on BS like that.

at any rate, do you still have that VN? mind if i stop by to take a look?

BTW, thanks again for that shaft coupler back then :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think he is mia. He never responded back to my message or post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts