Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As usual I looked for the old thread and did not find it, due to my seeking skills(lack thereof), although I did learn a ton about iridium plugs. Back to the subject - my pickups were gapped so wide I am suprised my bike even ran. They were 45 to 50 thousandths. Gapped to .020 and WOW! Hot start, bump the starter. Acceleration - oh yea baby. Many have said it was worth it, and it is. I did it the same as the pictoral - I wish I could find it just to give credit where it is due. Cost - 0.00 Please someone repost the pics on setting the pickup coils, it really is a great mod.
Thanks again.:)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I did the same MOD last week and my scoot responds much better now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to duece

I really like the mods you have done to your bike. I have momma to consider or I would flat out copy some of the stuff you have done. I also consider you to be an excellent member with postings and help for the short time you have been on the forum. Ride safe ride well.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The big gap from the factory must be for emissions EPA crap?

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
The big gap from the factory must be for emissions EPA crap?
No, more likely they were just following the specifications the maker of the component gave them. Bike makers don't make electronic parts, they are outsourced to companies that do.

The electronic company would also likely give them conservative performance figures, as they would not want their components to fail. The bike maker, even if they know that using a smaller gap would work better here, would not for liability reasons go against the component makers recommendations.

If the bike runs and starts better, that would of course be a good thing emission wise.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts