Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am loving this bike so far (got it this year), but sometimes I think I want a bigger bike for an improvement mainly in absorbing the road...but every time I ride it that thought goes away for a while lol. I love how quick and agile this bike is. Is there larger cruiser bikes out there with the same "excitement" factor that this bike has? My only other experience on the road was my KLR250...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Not many cruisers are as flickable as our bikes are. My dad's Harley Heritage Softail feels like riding a horse in comparison to this one lol.

There are plenty of mid-size cruisers out there, but we around here keep these oddball VN750's running for a reason: they're damn fun! Hard to find other bikes like 'em

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hard to think of another cruiser that runs and handles like the 750. Maybe the VRod.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Based on multiple reviews I have read it sounds as if the newer VS650s handle like the 750s do. It’s a parallel twin though not a classic “V-twin” cruiser. Even though they call it a cruiser. But looking at the specs it’s about the same size and weight as the 750. Supposedly a hell of a lot faster too! If you go bigger to get a more road-hugging feel you’re most likely adding weight and loosing the nimble feel. It’s apparent when I’m riding with friends and we realize we made a wrong turn and have to turn around. Not a big deal for me but definitely more work for them

·
Super Moderator
11,972 Posts
In the cruiser group, there really isn’t anything as quick and nimble as the Vulcan 750 anymore. You can find bigger motors, but they don’t handle the same. Your best bet would be a retro bike like my Triumph Bonneville , not really a “sport bike” but still classy, nimble as hell, with a great motor.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
In the cruiser group, there really isn’t anything as quick and nimble as the Vulcan 750 anymore. You can find bigger motors, but they don’t handle the same. Your best bet would be a retro bike like my Triumph Bonneville , not really a “sport bike” but still classy, nimble as hell, with a great motor.
Yep!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts