Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just bought a 1994 VN750A for a song.

The original owner thought it was locked up. It was not.
Problem seems to be electrical. I attached a 12v source (the battery is beyond hope, I will be replacing with no maint battery type.) and the Lights on the Bike will not even illuminate.

Question is: Is there a fuse/junction panel for this bike and what is that location?

Scott Jacobs

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
The fuses are located behind the left side panel. Wish you luck in finding the problem.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Yo, Dude!!!

Congrats, and welcome to the VN750 Family!!!.....:D

The fuse box is located on the bike's left side. Remove the plastic cover right behind the engine that has "Vulcan" on it. Your bike's key will fit the screw on this panel just perfect.

You'll then see a fuse box and its removable front panel.

Inside, you'll find an area labelled, "spare fuses" too.

Otherwise, be sure to check your "new" bike's splines for proper lubrication (search other threads here for more info).

Good luck.......:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. This bike will be my winter project.
As I progress I will try to post pics. I am also an amateur radio operator (ki4gsf)
and will be out fitting the bike to support that.

Thanks again.
Scott Jacobs

·
Registered
140 Posts
tip of the hat

tip of the hat to a radio operator, but it seems that electrical is the achilles heel of the vulcans. prepare yourself with the posts, and verses before you get overloaded from your gear if you are going to draw current from your bike for your radio. welcome and good luck

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
If you haven't already, you can also download a parts and maintenance manual from:

http://tocmanufacturing.com/toc.htm

If you use internet explorer, right click on a link and select "Save Target As.." because the files are large.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Welcome Scott,
I still remember the call sign we had back when CB radio's need to be licensed, KLS1292.

Geez, that was ages ago, musta been in the early/mid 70's!! Breaker Breaker 1-9!! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts