Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The one time I didn't wear full boots I broke an ankle so... full gear all the time. Gear isn't just for the most disastrous crash, but also the little ones.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
yes,ruger,a must read for the newbies,and us oldies as well.plus lots of opinions of people here before me,that I'd never have seen. thank you

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Most would consider me a "newbie" to motorcycle riding....only 13 years on the pavement.But still I generally wear a helmet/long pants/boots/gloves on the bike.I'm 52 and though I would like a bigger cc bike than my Vulcan (had a 1500cc Vulcan,engine locked up) guess I'm OK for now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Still see sport bike riders wearing shorts, tank tops, tennis shoes, no gloves, and ..........$700 helmets. Girl friend on back with short-shorts, tank top, and sandals.....with matching helmet.

I don't want to judge here, but in someways I do anyway. ;)
I see that quite often around here. sometimes not even the helmets

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
I'll be the bad guy here. I wear what the law dictates that I have to wear. Wear more if you want. But for me it defeats the feeling of riding free and all the bugs ya can eat. I wont judge you. you don't judge me

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,681 Posts
I'll be the bad guy here. I wear what the law dictates that I have to wear. Wear more if you want. But for me at defeats the feeling of riding free and all the bugs ya can eat. I wont judge you. you don't judge me
nope, you're not the bad guy, you're just one of those guys. :wink2:

wear what ever you want. or don't want.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Doing something that's potentially dangerous usually requires some kind of safety gear, otherwise your odds of serious injury will increase. What level you choose should be up to the person at risk... although many sport organizations do dictate to their players what level is required to participate.

I just remember something my mom used to say when she saw me climbing trees...
"If you fall, and break your legs, don't come crawling to me..."

Still climbed the trees of course, but at least knew I was in charge of my own destiny .....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
yeah you wouldn't throw a man with one eye into a vein sleeve without a raincoat now would ya?

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
So I guess no one here has had the freedom of freeballing 10 miles home at 2am?:beerchug::laugh:

·
Refeal
11 Posts

Me full leathers, just missing my full face helmet and gloves. My bike came out of under me 1 week ago, wiped out.. walked away with minor scratchs. Now leathers most of the skin on my left arm shoulder and knee would be gone. I just have some bruises.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

Me full leathers, just missing my full face helmet and gloves. My bike came out of under me 1 week ago, wiped out.. walked away with minor scratchs. Now leathers most of the skin on my left arm shoulder and knee would be gone. I just have some bruises.
glad to hear you are ok

41 - 55 of 55 Posts