Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Little off topic.... My baby went down 2 weeks ago It makes me sick and my ego was crushed.... Because of this I slit a seam in my tank and am having a buddy weld it up for me cant wait to get it back. went to the junk yard and got a used one for about a hundred bucks but it makes me sick to my stomac knowing i didnt get all the rust out. apon letting it dry a little surface rust (inside) formed back up. couldnt go another day without the bike i bolted her back on and am waiting the return of my original tank....

Great news i spilt gas on the orig tank which took the paint off the top perfect opportunity to fix the lil i mean little the size of a pea and contemplate a new paint scheme... I dont have a lot of painting practice but i do have the equipment and i feel the tank is the perfect size to learn on... :rockon: I waz thinking base coat some kinda decal that says Vulcan instead of Kawasaki another coat of a different color take the stickers off maybe... I'm excited to give it a whirl and not to mention take the rusty tank off and get this one back on....

Ideas would be appreciated

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I would slap it on as is..take the rusty tank and cut the tunnle out of it...then find you a big tank off of a 1200 or 16000 nomad to weld the tunnle onto and then start your painting ideas...just my $0.02...

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
much appriciated but i'll have my old tank back in a day or 2

·
Registered
721 Posts
the tunnel- the part that goes over the frame. that way you can mount a bigger tank to the bike by combining a large tank body and your 750 tank tunnel... hmm.. something I might have to do at some point too, lol...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts