Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL/DR Version: I replaced my '90 CA emissions tank (with the two nipples at the back) with an '89 tank that's only got the one nipple pointing to the left. Which of the two tubes coming through the frame just below the front of the seat do I hook to that nipple, and what do I do with the other tube I don't use?

First time poster here; I've spent quite a but of time here recently and finally found a spare sec to actually join. First off, thanks to all for all the help I've gotten from this forum so far. I recently became the proud owner of a 90 CA Vulcan 750 that has certainly seen better days. When I got it, it was a complete basket case, and had been sitting for over two years. So the carbs get a full rebuild, all fluids changed, new battery, new front pads...it's really coming together. Comes time to check the tank, see if it needs dipped. Neither key works. Two cheapy drill bits later, I discover the absolute worst tank interior I've ever seen. Looked like it was lined with moist red rhinoliner, with a healthy amount of green crud just to ice the cake. So I order a NOS tank on ebay, which shows up in GREAT shape, but there's only the one nipple at the back, pointing left, which I believe is a vent. Problem is, my old tank had two nipples, one pointing right as well. Now, logic tells me to hook up the hose that went to the left nipple on the old tank to the one on the new tank, and either leave the right hose open to air, or cap it. I'm just looking for any advice. Am I one the right track, and if so, does anyone know if I should plug that right line, or let it enjoy the atmosphere? Or am I way off base, and do I have more to do? I sure appreciate any insight!

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Left nipple is a tank vent. Hose should just go down in front of your seat.

Right nipple was for California emissions. It's unnecessary, and you can do whatever you want with the other hose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of what I thought, thanks for the prompt response! Some day I'll have to get all that CA crap out of there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts