Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike was running great ,then today started acting like it was starving for fuel if you where above 4000 rpm, revs fine while in neutral,no load, seems to help a bit if I chock it while it is not reving, any thoughts, thank you, Lee

·
Registered
277 Posts
might be vapor lock in the gas tank or if you were low on fuel and hitting the reserve tank could be the vacuum lines to the carb that suck the gas out of the reserve. i gues the simple first thing to do is check the vent tube from the tank.

ride safe john

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would try running it in the reserve position, if that seems to cure it, check to make sure you have more then a quarter of a tank. Depending on the year of your bike or the emmisions it's built for (CA?) would change the venting configuration of your tank and carbs. I don't know where you are at or if the bike has set for a day or two. At this time of year when something acts up on me, the first thing would be to check vent tubes. Most of our bikes have one going to the right ear (not fully inserted, just held there), some of us just have it open between the carbs. It wouldn't be the first time a wasp has tried to build a nest in one. I've seen it on more then one truck that starts blowing axle or transmission seals, same thing, they have to vent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts