Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I can see it through the sight glass oil looks fresh. But It looks like its above the "H" which I wanna assume is "high"

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Yes that’s the high mark. Folks on here say that you should see a bubble at the top. Sounds like your over-filled a bit. If the bike leaks much worse after it’s running that’s a good indicator because that means it’s getting pushed out by the pressure. It took me a week to figure out what was going on. I’d see a small spot outside my house then take a short ride and leave a golf ball sized spot wherever I went.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Looks like some JB Weld on a bolt and case seam.

Think that black hose is probably from the coolant tank overflow. Does it have antifreeze in it?

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
it's hard to tell how much coolant is actually in there but appears low. What coolant goes in there?
50/50 mix of antifreeze/distilled water.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Let the bike sit out for a few days with an oil catch can. Drained the radiator added fresh green coolant waited for a few minutes let it get to where I could ride without choke on idle didn't go above 2,000 rpms after riding no leaks or oil spitting out I think we are okay!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts