Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you could tell me of a suitable replacement for the fuel sending unit inside the tank. I got a barn find bike and have done tons of work in cleaning and restoration. The bike is now in great shape and runs perfect. During the restore, I had to clean the inside of the tank, I used muriatic acid to do this. The tank had no pinholes afterwards. The inside of the tank is now 100% rust free and I have replaced the petcock. I am really, really, having trouble finding a fuel sending unit. All of the parts sites I have contacted do not have them and say it is a discontinued part from Kawasaki. Everything on E-bay I have found has had rust on them. I spent a lot of time and money to get the bike back to the condition it is in and really don't want to stick a rusty fuel sending unit in that nice, clean, debris-free tank. I currently am riding it with a rubber gasket over the hole, compressed with a small fabbed piece of metal over it. I'd really like to get the FSU replaced. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement. I prefer one that just screws right in where the other did with no modification to the tank, as it is in amazing condition now, inside and out. All help appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not. It had a couple spots corroded all the way through. It sat for about 9 years. All other parts needed I've found. It's the last piece of the puzzle. Not 100% necessary I suppose, but I'd be a lot happier if I had the bike all the way restored.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Keep watching eBay and contact Jason here on the forum, he's got a parts bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts