Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I thought it was a battery problem, outlined in the thread "apparently not a battery problem" in the general discussion forum. I would post the link, but apparently I'm not allowed to post links until I've made a few more posts...

So the new AGM battery is in, and the bike still won't start.

Next thought? Fuel problem. When I pull the park plugs, I notice that they're only wet on one side of the bike. The other side is bone dry.

I checked the petcock (works) and the vacuum fuel line (replaced), but now I don't know what to do because the bike still wont' start.

I gave it a ton of power by hooking it up to the car battery and it started ONCE in about two dozen tries. I've only had the bike for a few weeks, and I don't understand why it started in the dude's driveway when I bought it from him, but it hasn't started since.

Can anybody tell me what my next step might be?

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Thoughts...

Ok, so this might seem like very basic stuff, but since I went through the same thing recently, here's a little 'checklist' if you will :

- are you giving the bike any choke? I almost always have to give my bike full choke when starting it for the first time of the day.

- you mentioned "park plugs", I'm thinking you meant spark plugs, right? Are you sure you are getting spark? If not, you can take one of the wires off while trying to start it, hold the wire near a metal part of the engine, and see if there is any spark jumping to the engine from the wire.

These are just a few suggestions. If you try these and still get nothing, I will see if I can dig up the thread I started about this very same thing. What I did to get mine started was simply let it sit for about 20 mins, then I went back down, set the choke all the way on, and then tried to start it. It started up, and I let it run for awhile, backing the choke off slowly, and voila!

Good luck :smiley_th

AZ Kev

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts