Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Fuel lines

26K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  pez46 
#1 ·
This may seem very silly but bear with me!

I stripped down my vulcan750 in December last year, I've done a lot of work and now I'm getting ready to start the engine, however, I cannot remember where the fuel pipes go. I'v got a manual but it doesent show any diagrams,

Can anyone give me an idea? I have done away with the emission control system as I dont need it here in the uk if thats any help.

I have had enough of it just standing there in the garage "laughing" at me :)
just wanner get out on it now!

any one!!

#2 ·
The one on the right side (prime on my petcock) goes in past the big hose to plug in directly in front of where the seat sits. You can see the nipple sticking up.

That's the only one I know because I had to replace it today. Hopefully others can help with the rest!

#3 ·
The connection for hoses on the side of the carbs are your vacuum lines. The fuel lines go to the top of the carb, and it does not matter whick one goes where. From the factory they are hooked up from the fuel pet cock looking at it. The right line from the pet cock goes to the front carb and the left one goes to the rear. I changed mine a long time ago because from the factory they had to go over the heads and then to the carbs. This may make it harder for the fuel to feed properly. I redirected mine so the right gas line went to the rear and the left went to the front carb. But really they can go either way.

#4 ·
92059 - Petcock fuel line
92059A - Petcock fuel line
92059D - Bottom of your Petcock (Vacuum)

#10 ·
Quick question that I think I might already know the answer to but figured better to ask, the vacuum line that goes to the center of my petcock (92 Vulcan 750) is sucking gas, is my petcock diaphragm bad, as it is also leaking, or is it normal for it to suck gas? I know the leak isn't normal regardless... Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.