Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a little spot on my garage floor and thought that it must have been a drip of oil from my footpeg. I cleaned it and the spot came back and then I found that the hose from the tank is dripping and looks really swolen and soft. I wanted to know if anyone has changed theirs and what all is involved. The size of the hose would be nice also. I am thinking of putting a colored hose that I've seen in J&P catalog. Thanx in advance.

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Are you talking about the fuel lines that go from the tank to the petcock, or the overflow line?

The fuel lines are 5/16"

I don't know why your's would be swollen and leaking, unless they were improperly replaced with hoses that were not designed to carry fuel and are breaking down on you. Either way I would replace them ASAP.

RB

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced all of them last sunday. I went to the autoparts store and they gave me 3/8 fuel line in stead of 5/16. I went ahead and used them but just a screw type hose clamp and tightened them tight. No leaks so far and it started faster then it ever has. I found a couple of vaccum lines that had broken and replaced them also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts