Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swaped out the carbs for the fuel injection setup. How did it work out? Is there any fuel mileage benifets? Do you need to add a computer to your bike?

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as others here but I have not heard of any fuel injection setup for this bike.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The VN750 was not computerized so it would be about like re-engineering the bike just to put fuel injection on it.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
there is a way to turn your cv carbs into fuel injected throttle bodies. The kit is available from the same place I bought my r/r www.roadstercycle.com look down the menu for the cv to tbi kit and read the instructions. the reason I didnt do this is the fuel pump and regulator and the cost but it in theory could be done, with a little work and a lot of money.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
JMHO, but if you want fuel injection, it is more cost effective to go for a newer bigger ride.

·
Registered
796 Posts
JMHO, but if you want fuel injection, it is more cost effective to go for a newer bigger ride.
X2.

If someone has that kind of money to throw at an older bike might as well get a newer one with Fi.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Although this isn't true fuel injection, it's about as close as you'll find within reason. If done right, will make a big difference in power. I installed this on my bike, mainly because of jetting problems with the extreme variations in altitude here (4K - 11k feet!) but will work at any altitude. It's called Intela-Jet. It's simple to install but not necessarily easy. Cost me about $260 (w/shipping) to do it myself. No computer needed. No air induction changes needed! It's an upgraded version of "Dial-A-Jet".

I absolutely love the thing! I can adjust my jetting simply by turning a knob while riding! How cool is that? Anyway, it might be worth looking into. If you want more infor on it, talk to Lon at Thunder Products.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have read about the Dial-A-Jet before, but will have to read about this Intela-Jet upgrade.
It seems a reasonable price if it works as you say it does.
I don`t have any problem with elevation changes out here on the prairies, but it might be helpful if/when I get a chance to ride through the Rockies in BC.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking into getting an intelajet for my VN750. Just a little curious about the install on our bikes. were you able to do a direct connect, or did you have to drill into the bowl? Anything else worthy of note about the install?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
Have you noticed this thread is six years old?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts